• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest flowernp

1.9 Gti Jerky Power Delivery

Guest flowernp

Hi, i have a problem with my 1987 1.9 gti that i'm really hoping someone can help me out with.

under full throttle the car pulls well except when it hits about 5000 rpm then the power delivery is jerky for a brief second then back to normal through the rest of the rev range. it feel like someone is lifting my foot off the throttle only i'm not doing anything. initially i thought it must be something with the ignition so replaced spark plugs, ignition leads, distributor cap, rotor arm and i added some injector cleaner to the fuel. Still no change. the engine has also been rebuilt since discovering this problem and i was secretly hoping that once back from the builders it would be ok, but its still there!

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.

The Arch Bishop

Could be an ignition amp or coil on it's way out. The ignition amps often give some strange issues (particularly if it's one of the intermotor ones rather than the Bosch ones) and I have a few spares if you want to try one. Send me a PM and you can one for the cost of postage.

Guest flowernp
Could be an ignition amp or coil on it's way out. The ignition amps often give some strange issues (particularly if it's one of the intermotor ones rather than the Bosch ones) and I have a few spares if you want to try one. Send me a PM and you can one for the cost of postage.

Hey, thanks for the offer. i have sent PM.

Cheers

Guest flowernp
Hey, thanks for the offer. i have sent PM.

Cheers

Fitted the other ignition amp (a bosch one) and it worked! it now revs smoothly all the way through the rev range. I'm so pleased that worked. thanks for your help.

TU_Later

I have the same issue, exactly!

What part is the ignition amp?! Sorry to be such a thick tw*t :lol: I'm new to injection.. I've had old mini's and an XS for years!

Sign in to follow this