• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Cti Soft Top Roof Anyone Used This Company For Replacements?

marksorrento205

I have found this on the robbery that is ebay. However these look ok and I have been qouted £210 for the full roof which I dont think is a bad price. Has anyone ever used this company for replacement roofs, even if not for a 205, if what are they like for quality etc. Or do you know of another supplier with good reviews?

Cheers

Mark

steve@cornwall
I have found this on the robbery that is ebay. However these look ok and I have been qouted £210 for the full roof which I dont think is a bad price. Has anyone ever used this company for replacement roofs, even if not for a 205, if what are they like for quality etc. Or do you know of another supplier with good reviews?

Cheers

Mark

Should there be a link there? I've lost the link to the company I used for my rear window but bthink they were called BAS - recommend them

lagonda

Bought my CTi in 2003 & the roof was 6 months old then. Still have receipt but it's in storage. I think the firm that supplied it were based in or near Chessington in Surrey, but can't recall their name.

Roof has been fine...it doesn't have the separate rear window section that the original ones had. Only problems are

1/ Rear window starting to go a bit hazy (not bad considering never garaged) & has microscopic cracks where welded to the fabric...probably because I often have the hood down even when temperature a bit low.

2/ Small split has appeared on n/s near windscreen...probably because previous owner didn't adjust roof properly whilst fitting, meaning fabric over-tight that side.

3/ Splits/tears in material where it folds adjacent to lower edge of rear passenger windows...I think this happens with all of them sooner or later as the design means that area is heavily stressed when roof is opened & closed. Not a problem, doesn't let water in.

Believe price then was £210, so might be the same firm, you haven't given details.

I looked at a Roland Garros 205 before the CTi, which was in nice condition, but slashed roof & crap rear window. Rang Peugeot for prices....in 2003, they wanted something like £1200, & no, that didn't include fitting!

marksorrento205

What a tit I am :) I forgot to put the link :)

Ebay link

marksorrento205

Steve, cheers for that I will google them now :)

Lagonda, Thats not bad going then. I have had a look a pug prices now and they are something like £360 for the rear section and £1600 for the roof. Crazy :)

marksorrento205

Here is BAS website who also have a place in surrey so culd be the same place you both used. Also the pics of the 205 rear screen are the same so the ebay firm maybe the same one??

Bas

Miles

Look in Exchange and Mart, Mine came from a company in London, Not the cheapest but has lasted fine for 10 years and is still mint, fitting was a killier thou

marksorrento205

Cheers Miles - will do. I have been given a few numbers for people to fit them so gonna see what they say. I think someone who does it day in day out should be able to do it a lot quicker and hopefully better than me :)

stufarri

Mark - keep an eye on fleabay - I bought a used one that I got for £110 delivered from a breakers in Scotland.

Came with the frame included so fitting took 2hrs (and I am a cluless tit) and I asked for 20 photos of all the weak points before I parted with my cash too. Best bit was it looks brand new no rips tears and thick PVC too - only had to clear the haze from the rear screen - an hr with Autoglym SRP and all done!

Couldn't convince myself to part with £200 for thew roof and the same again for fitting - I wouldn't fancy doing the fitting myself but I know others have done it - looks a bit complex for me.

Edited by stufarri

steve@cornwall
Mark - keep an eye on fleabay - I bought a used one that I got for £110 delivered from a breakers in Scotland.

Came with the frame included so fitting took 2hrs (and I am a cluless tit) and I asked for 20 photos of all the weak points before I parted with my cash too. Best bit was it looks brand new no rips tears and thick PVC too - only had to clear the haze from the rear screen - an hr with Autoglym SRP and all done!

Couldn't convince myself to part with £200 for thew roof and the same again for fitting - I wouldn't fancy doing the fitting myself but I know others have done it - looks a bit complex for me.

Fitting's a lot easier than you may think, as long as the frame is sound underneath.

lagonda

Hi Mark, Just googled & found the firm that supplied my hood was almost definitely "Car Hood Warehouse Ltd", based in Chessington as I thought. Seems they can supply vinyl one piece hood for £190, hood with separate rear window, £235. In mohair, prices are £280 & £320. Not including VAT or fitting...they do do fitting.

Previous owner fitted my roof, seems to have done a pretty good job, BUT failed to adjust the fitting. Haynes covers this I think. Problem I have is that the header rail doesn't actually seem to touch the screen frame top, meaning wind noise & in REALLY heavy rain, a little comes in. I have thought of re-adjusting it, but suspect as everything now tensioned & set, I'll only end up making things worse, or with the roof saggy. Also it's pretty watertight in all other circumstances so best to leave alone.

Moral of story, if you do fit yourself, spend time making sure the adjustment is satisfactory. Mohair sounds expensive, but could eliminate the splitting you get with vinyl rear of the passenger window, where it folds.

Re Peugeot prices....unreal, it can't remotely cost anything near that to produce these items...who benefits? I didn't buy that Roland Garros because the prices from Peugeot made it's purchase totally stupid. Who in their right mind is going to spend somewhere north of £2000 including fitting for a new roof, for a car that might be worth £1000 at best? Result...car scrapped, so Peugeot have one less customer to sell spares to. Doh?

Henry Yorke

I'm after a mohair one as I also like to get the roof off when it is cold and the vinyl wears badly when it is like this and goes brittle and cracks. My hood has the usual tears in the hinges but is pretty good otherwise and I never take the car out of the garage without the roof down so I am wondering why bother!

marksorrento205

Great replys from all of you, many thanks B). I shall have a look at the places you have sugested and let you know what they say. The roof in question has a buggered rear window and some small damage around the hinge points on either side. I would have a go at fitting it myself, but the car is down in Salisbury and owned by a family member. I dont want to rush it over a weekend for it to be not quite right and do it without my garage and tools where its bound to rain. Miles, however, your only down the road so please feel free to pm me a price to fit it should you fancy the job:) You are right about pug prices and the fact good cars get scrapped because of it, but thats the joys of going on here and getting good help!!