• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

1.9 Td , Very Smokey

djinuk

i have a 306 1.9 td..

its 100% standard as far as i know and has done 152k.

Ive noticed that when coming on boost , especially more so when the cars been sat in traffic or similar there is a very large puff of blue smoke..

Would i be right in saying its most probably the turbo thats shagged and letting oil through the seals?

weejimmy

if its blue its oil,

are you sure its not just diesel reek.

if you have a boost leak it may be over fuling. id check with a boost gauge, should have 12-14psi.

djinuk

sweet ok, nah it seems very very smokey, ive seen smokey diesels but this seems to be very very blue.

Ill get a boost gauge plumbed in and see what thats saying.

welshpug

blue is not a good sign, black or grey is quite normal though, dependent on how much of course!

Weser

With my old 1.8 non turbo diesel engine it used to smoke blue when I put my foot down.

It had down over 250,000 miles though so thats probably why. However I did change the oil and filter every 3000miles!

It was still running fine when it was removed in favour of a turbo lump. So it could be that its just getting old. The blue smoke didnt really bother me. It wasn't very very smoke though like you describe!

Sign in to follow this