• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Thunder Saloons

Guest Gtech309
Any chance of some more pics of that crazy looking triangulation going onto the front subframe?

100_0801.jpg

Cameron

Nice! What kind of suspension setup is that running at the front? Definitely not McPherson strut!

Batfink

Its running double wishbones from a honda s2000. Graeme basically bought a whole crashed car and standard parts are grafted on with little modifications like solid bushes. It will need a longer propshaft but the subframes are standard. In theory he could drive it to honda for a service :lol:

Edited by Batfink

Cameron

Oh right, so it's Honda engined too then? That's pretty cool. :lol:

DrSarty

I've seen that white beasty too; it's down at Colin Satchell's place making my car look rather plain. :lol:

Rich_p

I managed to get some info & pictures of the black 309 Thundersaloon.

It runs the pushrod suspension & running gear from a 87/88 Group C Tiga C2 Sports car (similar to the one pictured at the bottom) , it also runs a flat bottom & rear venturi.

The car is apparently 70 % rebuilt after being destroyed at Brands Hatch in the early 90's.

I'm hoping to get sent some info on the 205 they used in the same championship too.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image13.jpg

Image26.jpg

Image.jpg

Image19.jpg

Image8-1.jpg

Image4-1.jpg

Edited by Rich_p

Cameron

Are those Dimma arches, or something bespoke? I've been thinking of something very similar to that!

gaz832

the 205 cant even start the race, listen to the commentator ( the dimma 205 is following the pace car in.). even the race cars break down lol.

Henry Yorke
Are those Dimma arches, or something bespoke? I've been thinking of something very similar to that!

Bespoke. I *think* they may be the same as the XSport ones

Rich_p

this is how it looked when I purchased the shell

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

This is how it currently looks. Just waiting on the composit panels to come back from the sprayer

102_1755.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions smile.gif

Has this car progressed at all?

welshpug

it was sitting on wheels with a diff in the back when I saw it, about 2 years ago :o

Batfink

Its been slow progress as neither my brother or colin has pushed to get the build completed.

Colin should be finishing the last of the suspension bushes in the next week as well as finish the steering, then its ready to collect for us to finish it off and get running. Hoping to get it working for FCS

Rich_p

Cool, I'll look out for further updates.