• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam jfm

Weber Carb Problem

sam jfm

I have just got my car started, its got a set of twin 40's on it and after a mess with the starter it fired up with ease BUT it will only run for about 5 -10 seconds and then shoot through the rev range without me touching the throttle! the engine has run before but this is the first time i have tried to get it running

when i connected the fuel up the pressure might have been quite high before i could get to the reg to turn it down could this have blown a seal out or damaged some diaphram?

i do not have much of a clue how the carbs work so i am only quessing!

MrG

I would have thought the carbs would be seriously maladjusted to make it run at high revs so you must have a leak or the carbs need a definate set up to allow them to run ok. Have you used the car before with the carbs or is this the first time? If the first time do a search on here or via google for setting them up to run OK upon putting on, and then get it booked onto a rolling road so they can be jetted or adjusted to run with your car.