• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ravydavy

Paint Code For Metallic Grey Dimma.

ravydavy

Does anyone know the paintcode for the metallic grey dimma 205??

There is a picture of one on googler images at the 1988 motorshow i think it is. colour is lovely.

GTI6BOY

graphite grey is MOTW if thats what you want?

dino20vt

Completely off topic, but as I was reading this on my phone i could hear a beast of a car drive past so looked up and it was a pink Dimma!

SurGie
graphite grey is MOTW if thats what you want?

Is that code for the ph2 ?

ravydavy

The dimma ive seen on google images at the motorshow justs looks different for some reason. The colour looks deeper. Maybe just a really good paint job or highly polished. Would be nice with someone with a dimma car to get the proper paintcode

GTI6BOY

stick a pic up

btw i have a dimma and that is the proper paint code for metalic silver/graphite

ravydavy

post-13051-1259697979.jpg

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

shalmaneser
post-13051-1259697979.jpg

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

that us fcuking sweet.

ravydavy
that us fcuking sweet.

thats why i want the paint code cause mine will look exactly the same i promise you.

SurGie

That looks steel grey not graphite afaik.

GTI6BOY

Looks graphite to me with the light on it?

cybernck

^ Yeah, reminds of those usual grey 205 Turbo16 fair/press pics.

ravydavy

So it's graphite grey?? I've tried calling dimma but can't get hold of anyone

Ren
Completely off topic, but as I was reading this on my phone i could hear a beast of a car drive past so looked up and it was a pink Dimma!

That will be Zara.

Tom Fenton

Judging from the age of the picture, Steel grey wasn't available then.

Also it only looks so light as it is indoors under harsh spotlighting. Look at the areas that are more in shadow, much darker.

I think it is graphite personally.

Anthony

Could be Winchester Grey possibly?

Whilst not a standard 205 colour, it was a Peugeot colour of that period and does look very similar to that from memory.

It's hard to judge on brightly lit pictures, but that does look a little light for Graphite in that image.

Henry Yorke

I'm thinking Graphite too. Phase one interior, Puma trainers and stonewashed jeans make me think this is approx 1988!!

Winchester grey was about at that time, mostly on 309's. However it is a UK car and there was this floating about at the time which Dimma used in their promo pic. It was an E plate and a TT so it could be the same one, which is definitely not graphite.

post-3457-0-16410000-1328130498_thumb.jpg

The picture is taken at Jodrell Bank, which is pretty close to where Terry Pankhurst used to live.

Anthony

If that is the same Dimma, then it's definitely not Graphite - that's far too light, even considering the over-exposure on the picture.

Graphite looks very dark grey in anything other than direct sunlight / spotlight.

DSCF1457.sized.jpg

That's an early '90 Graphite in the bright morning sunshine for example (and sporting a very knackered beam :lol: )

kuuner

The dimma ive seen on google images at the motorshow justs looks different for some reason. The colour looks deeper. Maybe just a really good paint job or highly polished. Would be nice with someone with a dimma car to get the proper paintcode

It looks to me just a regular M0TW. It seems to be another colour, but isn't. It's just a really fresh paintjob at that time. maybe with an extra varnish. The picture is a little bit overlighted (check the blouse of the guy next to it). And after all, it isn't daylight but fake-light*. That reasons all together, gives you the idea of another colour.

here 2 other examples of colour 'mismatch'

kalipso767_1065441625_205_20gentry_202.jpegalargeau_1080043828_sans_titre_1_copie.jpg

* i don't know if it's a proper translation, because i life in the Netherlands...