• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

What Colour Is My Xs?

Jer309GTi

As above really, I was just wondering whats the name of the colour of my XS. Its a G reg, phase 1.5. Is it steel grey? Or something else?

post-6357-1259419601.jpg

Also, I'm getting some 14" 106 rallye steels to put on it, and cant decide whether I should leave them white or paint them black. Any opinions welcome :)

Cheers

BERTMAN

its not steel grey, i think its just silver. Thats one tidy looking XS by the way

allye

Keep them white, will look great with them on. I would suggest going for the S1 106 rallye wheels, 5.5j, as i have some S2 6j ones which rub on the back when you have people in.

Ali

Tom Fenton

Personally I'd get the standard wheels blasted and then refinished. I think that looks ace in the top picture, and in my opinion you'll spoil it by putting the Rallye wheels on it.

allye

13 inch wheels are so small though! Plus they handle awful in comparison to the wider 106 wheels.

McDude
Personally I'd get the standard wheels blasted and then refinished. I think that looks ace in the top picture, and in my opinion you'll spoil it by putting the Rallye wheels on it.

What Tom said - I think a standard looking XS is gorgeous. Please don't put 106 steelies on - even though I do like 106 steelies.

GeorgeXS
As above really, I was just wondering whats the name of the colour of my XS. Its a G reg, phase 1.5. Is it steel grey? Or something else?

post-6357-1259419601.jpg

Also, I'm getting some 14" 106 rallye steels to put on it, and cant decide whether I should leave them white or paint them black. Any opinions welcome :D

Cheers

I think it is Gris Futura

Paint code M0TP

Paint Code should be behind the nearside headlight if it hasnt been resprayed.

Looks lovely by the way, very jealous :wub:

What is up with the driving lights mind!?

George

Jer309GTi
I think it is Gris Futura

Paint code M0TP

Paint Code should be behind the nearside headlight if it hasnt been resprayed.

Looks lovely by the way, very jealous :lol:

What is up with the driving lights mind!?

George

The driving lights are hideous I know! I'll be putting a set of standard ones on asap :( It is as tidy as it looks in the pics, have yet to see a tidier 205! It was owned by an elderly bloke for most of its life apparently, no expense spared.

Cheers for the paint code btw :)

Jer309GTi

Thanks for all the nice comments :(

It is a very tidy car and Im really pleased with it. I have seen pics of xs's with rallye steels on and thought it looked really good, plus I've got some bigger brakes to go on so cant really keep the standard 13s on there

Ali, I never really have anyone in the back of the car, usually its just me. Is it only when you have people in the back that they rub? Also what size tyres have you got? Cheers :lol:

Edited by Jer309GTi

jdb1964

as previously stick with the original steel wheels and get them refurbished - you can get decent rubber still for 13'' ie A021R if can accomaodate 185/60/13

Very nice looking car that shame to spoil it for the sake of a bit of refurbing and searching for decent rubber and if stopping power is a prob just get decent rubber and remember its a 25 yr old car design with 25 yr old safety features ( or NOT ! )...

better 5m late in this life than 5 mins earlier in the next life...

jdb1964
Is it only when you have people in the back that they rub?

back in the day when I was younger my girlfriend used to - if you know what I mean...

:lol:

BERTMAN

id get the 106 wheels, the 13" ones are just too skinny and have no grip.

DaveW

Paint the rallye rims in silver with the black centre caps should look good with the silver car :)