• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest acexxx

1.0 Xe Carb Change

Guest acexxx

Hi everyone, I have a base model 205 and I think it's running way to rich, I only get about 70 miles on £10 of petrol, Anyway I have adjusted toe fuel mix and it helped but not that much. I got the car a few months back with no service history what so ever so I'm currently doing an overhaul of the brakes, suspension and engine. It's currently on a Solex Single Carb but I was wondering if I could fit a Webber twin carb and would this help at all on the running of the car? It has the basic TU9 1.0 Engine if it helps.

Thanks

Andrew

allye

Hi there, not sure exactly what carb the 1L got but fitting twin webers certainly won't help you MPG! I get about 100miles for £20 on a twin choke single carb!

If you really do want to fit twin carbs its a pig of a job and not easy. If you want a twin barrel single carb try getting a solex z2 of the xs, uk rallye or the xt. If you get one of these you will also need the inlet manifold.

You could try just rebuilding your carb and setting it up/tuning it correctly will go a long way to help the car run smoothly.

Cheers, Ali