• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Megasquirt Gurus Please,need A Little Help

pugpete1108

right i have had the engine running a month or so ago on the itb's, i have since replaced the itb's with a std inlet but am unable to get it to run now.

question is how do i reset the fuel map back to a default config (i tuned the idle area for the itb's and think i made it too rich for the std inlet)

i have loaded a default msq but was unsure if this would change the map at all?

failing that does anyone have a decent map that will get the gti6 engine running or even starting?

pete

pugpete1108

after mylast post i have figured out the map does change when loading a new msq.

having looked at a few maps i have decided i might need a known running one to get me started.

pmme if you can help guys.

pete

[L'e$kro]

What version of the code are you running?

I was running MS2 extra v 2.1, last stable build as far as I know

I'll put back my MS ECU on my gti-6 engine as soon as I can find a 55-pin connector to connect it to my gti-6 loom

Then I'll post my .MSQ file here. It won't be tuned but should start the engine without any problems

What would interest me is a good ignition advance map to start from. Tuning the fuel table should be doable then...

If anybody has one for an engine with similar specs (Compression ratio especially) it could be a good base

I'll keep you updated...

Nicolas

Edited by [L'e$kro]

pugpete1108

i'm running ms1extra v3.0

cant help with the spark map (christ i cant even tune the ve map yet :P )

will a ve table from ms2 work on ms1? are they both 12x12 tables?

pete

[L'e$kro]
i'm running ms1extra v3.0

cant help with the spark map (christ i cant even tune the ve map yet :rolleyes: )

will a ve table from ms2 work on ms1? are they both 12x12 tables?

pete

No it wont work...

About the ignition advance map we could use the original magnetti marelli ignition advance map if somebody knows where it's located into the eprom dump

otherwise maybe an ignition map from a mi16 engine could do the job as the CR is pretty similar

Nicolas