• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sobaru'

Tu1m Vs Tu3m (engine Management)

Sobaru'

Hello, y'm new here:) Wery glad to find such a large comunity of 205 enthusiasts !

Now a bit about my car.It was born as a 1.1 xr ( Bosch injection) and was converted to a 1.6 gti by the previous owner. Everything from a gti was mounted on the 1.1 body which had been fully reconditioned. Because of the idiotic laws in Romania the car could not become road legal with the gti engine(too big power diference) so y had to change the engine back to the original 1.1. Now Y hawe a 1.4 xs bosch monopoint injection engine that y would like to mount on the car. Can somebody tel me if the wiring loom is the same for both engines and can y use the 1.1 engine's ecu because y don't have the ecu for the 1.4

What else do I need to make the change posible?

Pleas help cuz Y really want to get the car finally going!

Guest torbes

Hello :P

The ECU itself should be the same (Bosch Mono-Motronic)... But probably there are different Engine-Mapping-Eproms mounted.

But i would give it a try... Perhaps the difference is marginally...

By the way :

You´re a lucky one :P My Tu1m is controlled by this strange Magneti-Marelli Box... Since i got that car, i never found technical informations about that box... :angry: