• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam jfm

Driveshafts, All The Same?

sam jfm

are all the tu 205 driveshafts the same?

trogboy

Yep - almost (the Euro Rallye ones as that uses 1.6 gti hubs so has different ends)

Anthony
Yep - almost (the Euro Rallye ones as that uses 1.6 gti hubs so has different ends)

You can use 1.6 GTi hubs on standard TU driveshafts just fine - I was running that setup on my XS.

Splines are identical between base model and 1.6 GTi hubs, just the offset differs (1.6 hubs give wider front track)

trogboy

Anthony - Yes you are right! :P I am suffering from a long day of writing reports.

I got confused between the 1.9 hubs and the 1.6 hubs. Stupid really because originally I too used 1.6 hubs calipers and disks on my Rallye but got fed up with the clunk from pads shifting, as the calipers were worn. Now I use 1.9 calipers and disks on the original base model hubs.

I was sure that there was something different about the euro rallye shafts but I can't remember what it is now - perhaps it's just my memory playing tricks :)

welshpug

they are all the same part number if its a TU engine and MA gearbox :)

paulsupervts84
they are all the same part number if its a TU engine and MA gearbox :P

all the ma shafts are the same, but the be gearboxs the shafts are alot fatter and better