• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NeilGTi85

[engine_work] White 205 Gti 6

NeilGTi85

Also, Should I take the black plastic part of to clean it??

post-11474-1260463630_thumb.jpg

NeilGTi85

Cam cover's are now fitted :)

I've also got a nasty big hole in my bonnet for the aero catche's.....just got to file them smooth and all should be good :)

New rear beam mounts turned up from BBM, Have collected the new Rear Bumper+insert :)

I've also brought a Merc C200 Sport as a run around, what a lush barge that is :)

Edited by NeilGTi85

NeilGTi85

Thought Its about time I updated....its been awhile ^_^

The orginal 6 engine developed some problems and lost compression, so last weekend I went and brought a replacement from Paul [Moz_Goodwood].

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Will be makiing a start this weekend......

This is how it looked just before the engine let go...

photo-1.jpg

NeilGTi85

Morning,

I stripped the engine over the weekend, everything went ok apart from the oil filter thread. The replacement block had the oil cooler plate, so once I removed this there was no thread for the filter.

I need to remove the thread from the old block, whats the best way to do this?

I'm guissing two M20 nuts? The thread does not look standard though.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

chipstick

Looking good.

I was concidering a load leveller. Worth buying?

I never worry when removing engines. But have never put one back in before. Can you get the 6 engine in with box fitted with that load leveller?

damien

the load leveller would make life alot easyer but isnt a must.

im going to invest in one for when i put my engine back in

NeilGTi85

It does make it easier especially when the box is on and your doing it on your own.

Edited by NeilGTi85

NeilGTi85

I found the threaded part to run just the oil filter without the cooler sandwich plate....£1.85 from Peugeot

OilFilterThreadAdapterForGTI6.jpg

Its a 205 item, there is not one made for the 306 apparently.......

dave205

I found the threaded part to run just the oil filter without the cooler sandwich plate....£1.85 from Peugeot

OilFilterThreadAdapterForGTI6.jpg

Its a 205 item, there is not one made for the 306

apparently.......

Do you know what the thread pitch is on this?

NeilGTi85

I'm not to sure, I tryed to find out previously.

I know Miles sell's them on ebay, maybe he might know.

dave205

I know the ones on 406 turbo engines are m20x1.5 metric fine. Would these be the same?

What did you search for to find them on ebay?

NeilGTi85

The listing has ended but - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-205-GTi-306-S16-Gti-Oil-Filter-Thread-/350458351800

it came up while searching on google.

It is M20, so I would asume they are they same but dont take my word for it.

I saw your thread about the stud, I have the original threaded adapter for the sandwich plate used on the gti6 engine if thats any use to you?

Edited by NeilGTi85

NeilGTi85

Made some progress -

Old clutch was abit worn -

OldClutch.jpg

New MI16 Clutch plate and box on - Job done

Newbox.jpg

Had abit of a :blush: moment when trying to remove the 6 box, I used the guide on the 306 site and nowhere did it state you had to remove the clutch arm. So there I was pulling away wondering why it would not come away...figured it out after 20 mins :lol:

damien

i had problems with removing the gti6 box, the little pin on the clutch arm wouldnt move so i ended up having to cut the clutch arm off then drilling the pin out

chipstick

Interesting to see you can get the threaded bit to do away with the heat exchanger. Why are you doing that out of interest? Adding your own oil cooler? It doesn't do any harm left on there and I would rather have it than nothing at all.

I had a mare with the clutch arm on the 6 box too.

I also didn't know you had to remove the arm, so like you, there I was heaving on it wondering what was going on :lol:

I punched the pin in (rather than pulling it out) and was stuck with a pin hardly sticking out to get any purchase on it. I searched on the GTi6 website and hindsight hit home. I wish I had just searched rather than getting the punch out. Eventually drilled and pulled it through with a screw. Was a learning curve. Haven't made the same mistake since!

NeilGTi85

There are a few ways to remove the pin, I re-angled a small screwdriver so that I could tap it through from the back, with abit of wd40 it came out nice and easy. (I'll get a pic of my invention)

The main reason I removed it was due to space restrictions and I dont think its really needed, the old engine that I used did not have one and never overheated.

chipstick

To get round the rad space restrictions I am using a clio filter, half as deep as a 306 one.

NeilGTi85

This is what I did to get the pin out -

post-11474-0-50063500-1311076760_thumb.jpg

NeilGTi85

Afternoon,

New engine went in over the weekend -

NewEngine.jpg

Few Problems - The person who previously put the engine in my 205 cut the corner of the rocker cover, which I only noticed once it was in. So I need to do the same to this one

MSClear1.jpg

MSClear.jpg

Got to shave some material of here aswell to get the rad in -

SumpCut.jpg

Apart from that all went well :)

Edited by NeilGTi85

chipstick

With that new oil filter thread, is it a case of just winding it into the block and then adding the filter?

NeilGTi85

I asked a Peugeot mech when I picked up the thread, he told me they just put a small amount of loctite on and then do it up hand tight.

When I went to screw the thread in hand tight it did not bottom out, just kept going. So I measured the distance the thread was sticking out of my old block and left the same on the new block.

I did add a small amount of thread lock, then I did the filter up hand tight.

I will take the filter off at the weekend to make sure the thread is tight, dont want that falling out!