• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rolando

Battery Relocation

Rolando

i'm not sure if this is in the right area but does anyone have any pictures of how they've put their battery in the boot? or is there a how to guid anywhere?

thanks

paulsupervts84
i'm not sure if this is in the right area but does anyone have any pictures of how they've put their battery in the boot? or is there a how to guid anywhere?

thanks

all you need to do is get a battery box and run a cable for the starter motor to the + on the battery and somewhere on the chassis boot floor for a ground.

Uberderv

I bought some thick battery cable and ran it from the boot to the engine bay where it connects to a junction box. From there, all the other bits, ie starter motor etc.. are connected.

I bought a black plastic battery box off Ebay and made a metal frame that sits inside it so you can bolt it down to the vehicle and strap the battery to it. For the earth cable I used an old starter cable and attached to the car body in two places (removing the paint first)

th_DSC00034-2.jpg th_DSC00033-1.jpg :)

paulsupervts84

ideal that look ideal

Vili

Just be sure to fasten the battery to boot floor properly and use cable thick enough. I would use 35mm^2 minimun.

paulsupervts84

i'm using 20mm cables and its fine