• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adamrallye

Advice Needed On Exhaust Manifolds For My Rallye

Guest Adamrallye

My Rallye is fitted with a 106 GTI lump. Looking to get a tubular mani, but just wanted to advice on which ones people think are best??

Been looking at Janspeed but have heard they can be a bit of a pain to fit??

Many Thanks :lol:

Adam

swordfish210

It's been covered on here a few times before. What you'll need to do is take the janspeed one and chop the end off where it connects the exhaust midsection. then you'll need to do a similar job on the standard 205 downpipe and weld the part of the 205 downpipe to the janspeed manifold.

Guest Adamrallye

Ok thanks for that mate.

Will have to get the welder out then :lol:

burr_2000

Yeah i have done a lot of research a while back.

205 ones are-

You can still get marmitte manifolds from italy but are now priced at 350! :wacko:

You can contact TI MOTORSPORT that can do you one for about 200 or you can go on france ebay and type in collecteur inox :D see what that finds ya.

I managed to source a second hand marmitte and that was really hard but before that i did what mark said and just cut a 106 4 branch manifold, preferebly not stainless as harder to weld.

hope this helps ya,

Neil

paulsupervts84

the 4-1 type exhaust manifold is better for the 106 gti engine, as it gives better torque over all the revs, gmc sell them

Sandy
the 4-1 type exhaust manifold is better for the 106 gti engine, as it gives better torque over all the revs, gmc sell them

Not necesarily, it depends on many factors. I've tried that 4-1 GMC manifold, also Raceland, Supersprint, Maniflow, Janspeed and several budget ones; the Supersprint 4-2-1 is the only consistently good one and for good mid range on a budget, Raceland's 4-2-1 next.

In the 205, getting the downpipe and system right is crucial, the original downpipe flange is restrictive and it's good to replace it with a decent flexible joint and 2" system.

RossD

Look around on ebay.fr - It seems that Raceland make a 4-2-1 manifold (Pretty much the same as the 106 one) but with the hump in for the 205 subframe. I've never seen a UK seller offer one for sale though.

Search ebay.fr for things like "205 rallye collecteur raceland" or something.

Edit - Sorry this is for the 8v engine not 16v as you are looking for...

Edited by RossD

jonnygoodhand

Just seen these on eBay - can anyone tell if they're the same as the Marmitte ones?

swordfish210

Hard to tell from that picture but they look pretty similar. The Marmitte ones are mild steel not stainless and they don't have a Lambda hole. Although that one does seem to have, it's only in one pipe :blush:

burr_2000

the marmitte is a 4-2-1, this one looks like 4-1.

swordfish210

I think it is a 4-2-1, it just has a really short collector as opposed to the long one on the Marmitte

burr_2000

i mean it IS the expensive CSC manifold.

Guest Adamrallye

What do people reccomend then?

I think I will buy one in the new year when I have a bit more cash

Thanks

backroadpug

i want one. any body be up for a group buy?

Guest Adamrallye
i want one. any body be up for a group buy?

I might be mate

burr_2000

Ok supposedly, the 1300 rallye blocks are shorter making the manifold unsuitable for the 1360cc. Best ask the supplier and if not sure ask about returns policy. would be intersting to see how far out fitment is.

Can anyone clarify first hand. i am just happy i managed to source a Marmitte,a improvement to my modified 106 raceland manifold ;)

You do get Ti Motosport manifolds but they need a group buy, sandy hopes they have improved the flange design.

Guest Adamrallye

If a group buy was possible, what manifold would people want to go for?

Cheers

Redtop
Ok supposedly, the 1300 rallye blocks are shorter making the manifold unsuitable for the 1360cc. Best ask the supplier and if not sure ask about returns policy. would be intersting to see how far out fitment is.

Can anyone clarify first hand. i am just happy i managed to source a Marmitte,a improvement to my modified 106 raceland manifold :blush:

I know the 1294 [1300 rallye] engine has liners the same height as the 1.1 tu engine. The 1360 has a taller liner and different length of con rods. 5mm or there abouts, difference in the liners iirc. Both liners are 75mm bore.

GeorgeXS
I know the 1294 [1300 rallye] engine has liners the same height as the 1.1 tu engine. The 1360 has a taller liner and different length of con rods. 5mm or there abouts, difference in the liners iirc. Both liners are 75mm bore.

I think this is because the rallye engine is technically just a bored out 1.1 engine. Not sure if i'm right with this but certain i've heard it somewhere

burr_2000

thus rendering a french 205 rallye manifold useless on a 1360 without modifications.

Only options people have now is a CSC Marmitte, TI Motorsport, or decreasing the length of a 106 manifold to suit subframe. I have looked about and thats the only options now.