• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Have I Got Much To Gain By Moving My Battery To The Boot?

Atari Boy

I have a sort out the interior of my track led 205, is it worth me moving the battery to the boot whilst I am at it?

I do not currently need the space in the engine bay but will possibly in the future.

The car weights 875 odd kg and is powered by a cast iron XU10J2 lump so there is plenty of weight up front all ready, but is the battery going to make any notable difference (although part of me just fancies a little project)?

Is there anything else I can do even?

Many thanks

large

Is it a gel type battery? If no then I would leave it. TBH I dont think you would see any notable difference .

Cameron

You don't have to have a gel battery to put it in the boot, you just need to store it upright in a battery box.

mattbenselin

I moved the battery to make way for an airbox, which has now made way for an electric PAS pump.

Didn't notice any weight difference but I did document the process if it's any help, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2527562/4

Matt

oz.

Unless you want the space for anything not much really.

My battery is moving to the boot but only to make the electrics a little simpler

SurGie

Im putting my battery in the boot to try and get more front/back equal weight

distribution, so the back end is not too light compared to the front, il have to think of something else to put there for more weight. Im not having any rear seats.