• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rolando

Battery Relocation

Rolando

not sure if this is in the right area but has anyone got any pics or a how to do guid on relocating the battery to the boot?

thanks

rallysteve

Not much to it to be honest. You need to get enough battery cable to reach the boot along a suitable route. You will also need some terminals. Have a look on www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk for these things. Connect the new cable to the same place as the old one (starter motor) and ensure you connect any others that used to connect to the +ve terminal on the old battery connections. You will also need some way of holding it in place. I would advise that you use a battery box/clamp instead of just a loop. For the negative lead you wont really need to run it all the way to the engine bay. Just earth leads that were connected to -ve under the bonnet to a good earth point on the bodyshell. I have got the -ve from the battery in mine connected to the seatbelt mount bolts because its a nice clean connection but anywhere that is clean and good should be fine. Dont forget to protect the +ve lead from anywhere that may rub on it and cause a short. Use grommits where it passes through a bulkhead.

Hope this helps, if you want me to clarify anything else let me know.

Steve

engine killer
not sure if this is in the right area but has anyone got any pics or a how to do guid on relocating the battery to the boot?

thanks

hope these will give you some hints. :rolleyes:

post-4860-1258161837_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1258161873_thumb.jpg

Atari Boy

Engine killer, where did you get that distribution block from, I would like one of those.

pugpete1108

atari boy,i got one of those dist blocks from a bmw as they have the battery in the boot. also got the cable too as its proper chunky and plenty long enough.

Atari Boy
atari boy,i got one of those dist blocks from a bmw as they have the battery in the boot. also got the cable too as its proper chunky and plenty long enough.

Nice one, thanks i will get looking.

Rolando

so what wires go into that distribution block? also which is a suitable route to run the wire bearing in mind i'm keeping all my interior? also do you run an inline fuse from the battery to the front of the car?

sorry if these sound like stupid questions lol

thanks

Atari Boy

I got myself a BMW distribution block today, perfect for the job and only £3! Great tip thanks.

engine killer

oh, forgot to mention, it's better to have a seal box and have some ventilation to vent the vapor from battery out of the compartment. if you look at the 3rd picture i posted, there is a hose connected to both side of the vent of the battery and routed out to where the spare wheel located.