• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

How Does Everyone Store Their Spare Wheel,

Atari Boy

Bit of a mouthful sorry of a tittle, sorry.

My 205 has a cage and therefore no rear seats. I am going to loose my spare wheel cage and keep the spare in the back so that I can take it out easily on track days.

What do other folk do with their spare wheels in a similar situation? I dont want it slipping about so want it to be secure.

I don't like foam and have seen the pricy spare wheel clamps that Demon Tweeks and others sell but do I have any other options?

Many thanks

Jonny

jord294

why not make a holder yourself

piece of plate 6" x 6" and a tube about 6" x 2" welded in the centre, with some sort of makeshift clamp on top to hold wheel secure

welshpug

not in my own car, but on a friends rally car it has 3 eye bolts and a post like Jord described and a TRS 3 point ratchet strap, I think rally design sell these but dont have them listed on their webside.

it is shown in the "rally pack" picture as it comes included when you buy a pair of TRS 6 point harnesses for £209

Rallypack%20Product.jpg

Edited by welshpug

Atari Boy

Thanks everyone, some good ideas. the one from Rally Designs looks good but the tube is quite thin in dia at 32 mm so the wheel may shift about a bit.

I have found some adjustable straps on good old ebay as TRS want £37 for there one.

Thanks again

cybernck

I need something like this to replace the broken cable-operated mechanism on my 307.

It has to be a solution for external mounting, under the boot floor, like on a 205.