• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rallyvan

306 Td Into 205 Van

Adie_89
well sounds good to me! ye definatly get sum pics up will be good to see it actually done.

Also if it's not 2 much trouble could u write a list up of what i need for the conversion, as it needs to be done in a weekend as i will be using my mates garage (has the engine lift built in)

Cheers Oli

Was your van on ebay not so long ago lad with the rallye graphics on it??? :D

Rallyvan
Was your van on ebay not so long ago lad with the rallye graphics on it??? :D

It might av bin mate ano laddo who ad it b4 me ad it on ebay n he dint get wot he wanted 4 it so thats wen i bought it.

- when asking questions or making replies, make full use of vocabulary and grammar which means that "txt spk" will not be tolerated.
Edited by pugtorque
text speak warning.

weejimmy

my rads just a normal one not sure what its made of, brass possibly.

fulani

Anyone know someone who would be able to do this for me cheaply? I have a 306 XTdT on which everything is broken except the engine, and a very nice 1.8 n/a diesel in which to put said engine.

Is there anything that can be swapped over to improve the orginal engine without performing a full swap? Head, turbo, induction? Or is it really a case of doing the whole lot?

I'd like to keep the power steering if possible (as the wife is going to be using it as well).

Weser

Out of interest is the N/a diesel a 306 as well or a 205.

Would make things even easier.

Putting the lump in aint that difficult. I did mine and change the front subframe in 3 days. Do you not fancy doing it yourself?

fulani
Out of interest is the N/a diesel a 306 as well or a 205.

Would make things even easier.

Putting the lump in aint that difficult. I did mine and change the front subframe in 3 days. Do you not fancy doing it yourself?

Sorry, it's a 205 I'm looking to swap into. I have neither the facilities or the skill to do it myself. Plus I don't really fancy it now it's cold and wet outside all the time.

If it's too difficult to do, I'll just give up and sell the 306 for scrap, but if someone can do the conversion cheaply for me, that'd be brilliant.

Galifrey
Sorry, it's a 205 I'm looking to swap into. I have neither the facilities or the skill to do it myself. Plus I don't really fancy it now it's cold and wet outside all the time.

If it's too difficult to do, I'll just give up and sell the 306 for scrap, but if someone can do the conversion cheaply for me, that'd be brilliant.

Spoken to Miles?

fulani
Spoken to Miles?

Does he do diesel as well? Looks like there's nothing the man can't do! ;)

Galifrey
Does he do diesel as well? Looks like there's nothing the man can't do! ;)

I dont know, but as he knows how to do most swaps, and is in your area, gotta be worth a call surely?

I can vouch for the quality of his work!

fulani
I dont know, but as he knows how to do most swaps, and is in your area, gotta be worth a call surely?

I can vouch for the quality of his work!

...as can I, been using him for 5 years now. He is busy almost all the time it seems though, and it is hard for me to get to Fordingbridge, especially when I'd have to leave 2 cars with him!

Adie_89
It might av bin mate ano laddo who ad it b4 me ad it on ebay n he dint get wot he wanted 4 it so thats wen i bought it.

ahrite :) cool little van you got there mate!!!

Sign in to follow this