• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mang

2lt Turbo Not Boosting

mang

my 205 8valve turbo has stopped boosting but when i say that its stopped its not all the time some of the time it boosts and some times it doesnt what ever it feels really and it stalls alot (every time im coming to a stop) its starting to hack me off. The bits ive checked(changed) recently

1 fuel pump walbro 255

2 ht leads

3 coil

4 injector

5 crank sensor

6 fuel regulator .2 of a bar more

7 boost gauge

ive checked the throttle sensor, idle control valve, waste gate, all the inter cooler pipes, all the vac hoses, ECU, fuel pressure, boost solenoid and still no result ive tried the old fuel regulator on the car but nothing im running out of ideas and my mechanic friend is goin to start hating me soon any ideas?

pee vee

weak actuator??

Sticking wastegate??

Galifrey
weak actuator??

Sticking wastegate??

Sounds like something along those lines, pretty much everything else mentioned in the OP would not stop the turbo from boosting, it would just cause it to detonate when it did ;)

pablo

clamp the hose to the actuator, will boost its nuts off then soon tell you. or get under and pop the circlip off the end of the actuator arm and see does the wastegate flap open and closed freely

be careful if clamping the hose tho youll get well over a bar if you give it full beans.

mang
weak actuator??

Sticking wastegate??

Iv checked the actuator its moving fine il have another look at the waste gate.

pee vee
Iv checked the actuator its moving fine il have another look at the waste gate.

the actuator moving fine could well be the problem then mate!

they are usually VERY tough to move... so if you can move yours easily i'd say thats a good starting point.

Sign in to follow this