• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey sprocket

Need To Replace An Indicator...

davey sprocket

Looking on fleabay at indicators as I need to replace the front offside one on my car (its the earlier amber style)

Any experience with the new ones being sold, like this one??

I realise they're not original Pug parts, are they likely to be a decent fit??

Or should I plump for a second hand one?? Mind you, there's no guarantee that would be a Pug part either would there!?

EdCherry

Ive bought a couple of amber ones made by OWL from GSF, something like £6 a pop and pretty damn good.

jackherer

If you're just getting one you would do best to get a second hand one so it doesn't stand out IMO. Otherwise get a pair of new ones, genuine Valeo ones are only about £8 from places like GSF.

davey sprocket

Thanks Chaps!

Hadn't thought of GSF, despite using them for oily bits.

May try one from them and if it makes the other one look odd get the other one to match, they're only a mile or so away!

Also takes away the risk of them being damaged in the post!

jdb1964

Hi,

I bought two replacement clear front indicators from Euro Car Parts - so crappy a fit that took them back and bought genuine items from my local Pug dealer who has an 'old school' parts guy ( meant in the nicest way of course !) - ok so cost a little bit more but fitted straight away both done in a flash whereas the repro ones I swore at quite a lot before returning them...

davey sprocket
Hi,

I bought two replacement clear front indicators from Euro Car Parts - so crappy a fit that took them back and bought genuine items from my local Pug dealer who has an 'old school' parts guy ( meant in the nicest way of course !) - ok so cost a little bit more but fitted straight away both done in a flash whereas the repro ones I swore at quite a lot before returning them...

Hmmm... not the first bad thing I've heard about ECP. I've never used them and don't intend to either tbh.

Miles

The Depo one's from GSF are like that, The spring's don't even fit not alone hold the headlight as they should, Not sure which brand the orange ones are thou so worth checking