• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Washer Jets

yorkshirekowboy

the washer jets on my 205 are junk, i even tried the double type you can buy, still the windscreen seems to me not to get wet enough and there for making the "washed" windscreen harder to see out off.

Ive been in a car, think it was my works car kia, that had really good washer jets, it was like a mist of water all over the windscreen and it was fantastic.

any mods or ideas?

Maybe just me who has a issue with the standard one jets.

regards

danny

welshpug

405 Spraybars, awesome <_<

welshpug

yes you can, I think they're about £8 now, I just used the spare ones when I bought new wipers that included new spraybars for my 405 <_<

that ebay link does look intriguing, exactly what I was wondering about when I fitted an aero blade to my zx and was impressed but didn't want to fit them to the 205 and 405 and do away with the spraybars.

yorkshirekowboy
yes you can, I think they're about £8 now, I just used the spare ones when I bought new wipers that included new spraybars for my 405 :blush:

that ebay link does look intriguing, exactly what I was wondering about when I fitted an aero blade to my zx and was impressed but didn't want to fit them to the 205 and 405 and do away with the spraybars.

they do look quite cool like, even better if they have spray bars. might try and find a piccy of 205 with aero blades on <_<

Galifrey

I am liking the look of those, may even give them a try.

DaveW

Citroen xsara i think.. got the mist type jets i had them on my 306 i would think they fit a 205 as well.

one-lady-owner

I had aero blades on mine for a while, thought they looked ok on the 205, then went to a 205 meet and put it next to 205s with standard wipers and the aero ones just looked crappy on the car in comparison, just my opinion, but worth a look, see what you think! (I've just looked and can't find any pics of my car with them on!!)

EDIT: If you want a cheap way to see what your car looks like with aero wipers, tesco do them for about £4 each!!

Edited by one-lady-owner

Baz

307 jets are quite good.

''New technology''??? Bx or 405 spray bars are exactly that!

ORB

If you want to stay with decent bonnet mounted there are two options I like.

- Saab 9-3 (53 plate onwards) each one sprays 2 big jets, thus you would get four from a 205

- Saxo VTR ones are good (later models) they spray about a 45 degree mist each and soak the screen.

pug_ham

As mentioned by davew, Xsara ones are a direct fit & give a nice spray pattern across the screen.

I fitted them to my 306 after running them on my STDT for a while before i sold it.

Not that expensive new from Citroen either iirc.

Graham.

White Pugs

I fitted some regular halfords ones the other day, do the job pretty well

Thread and pics

Cheers

J

Pugleyrich
As mentioned by davew, Xsara ones are a direct fit & give a nice spray pattern across the screen.

I fitted them to my 306 after running them on my STDT for a while before i sold it.

Not that expensive new from Citroen either iirc.

Graham.

+1 on the Xsaras. I got a set for my ZR and they are amazing. Cost around £7 for a pair from a dealer. They are a lot bigger than the standard jets though

steve@cornwall

Click link for red GTi in my sig - then "screenwash" vid - 306 jets plus 405 spraybars! Good for gull guano :(

chocolate_o_brian
they do look quite cool like, even better if they have spray bars. might try and find a piccy of 205 with aero blades on B)

Mines got them. Look simple and classy and do a bloody good job on the windscreen too.

yorkshirekowboy

liking the xsara ones, the mist pattern on windscreen looks ace... wonder what they look like on a 205 bonnet as they look big? direct replacement without any modding thou it looks like. :P

EDIT

just bought some. sweet!!!

Edited by surferkid205

paul205mi16

The spray bars Im using are from the new model merc sprinter vans, they just clip on and offer 2 jets of water from each unit, very small too, I'm using with standard style blades. Cant find pic though.

Edited by paul205mi16

Henry Yorke

I found switching to a 406 washer pump gave me much more power from my jets (double jetted late 205 / ZX ones). Logic says if you have a larger aperture in your spray jet then you will decrease the velocity the water comes out at. i.e. it will not squirt up the screen as far with 2 jets compared to 1.

welshpug

wouldn't have been ZX ones Henry, if they're like my ZX they clip to the underside of the bonnet like the Xantia, probably 309/306/106 though, they share the twin jet ones of the later 205 :P

wouldn't a 406 washer pump just be newer and less tired, rather than actually more powerful than a new 205 pump? shall have to find one of those next time I visit a scrap yard and try it out :P

allye

Do the 405 have the same size blades as a 205? also with that 405 spray bar kit surely you have black hoses running down the top of your bonnet?

So which is the best bonnet mounted jets to go for!? Also I have a 306 pump fitted as mine was knackered, will that make a difference?

Cheers, Ali

welshpug

no the 405 uses a 22" wiper, you just clip or cable tie the spraybar to the 205 wiper.

and no you wouldn't have washer hose running down the bonnet :lol: you re-route it under the scuttle panel and drill two holes.

allye

Nice one thanks, so the blades in that 405 spray par kit on ebay are useless! So you can clip the spray bar to standard 205 wipers? Do you recomend the flex flat blades!?!?

Thanks a lot, Ali