• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Help With Gti6 Tb Sensor/hose Identification

pugpete1108

my inlet manifold turned up today so i want to set about with the wiring/plumbing.

there seems to be alot of connections on there and tbh i havent got a clue what half of them are for ??

i got

pic 1:

red-???

yellow-map sensor take off??

pic 3:

blue-???

pink-heater

yellow-tps

red-iat sensor

green-idle contol???

what can i block or/not use, it will be running on megasquirt managment so no need for idle,heater,etc.

DSCF0434.jpg

DSCF0436.jpg

cheers

Edited by pugpete1108

DrSarty

Pic 1

Red is MAP

Yellow is just the servo/vacuum take off

Pic 3 (??? - where's pic 2)

Red IAT (inlet air temp)

Green ICV or to be more correct IACV (inlet air control valve), commonly called a stepper motor as it's 4-pin

Yellow TPS

Blue - If those are coolant hoses (which they seem to be) THEY are what heats the TB

Pink - If the above is true then the yellow connector is part of the canister purge valve (CPV). I can't see the black plastic thing that's the gubbins of it which also has a breather tube.

You don't really need a TB heater no.

The CPV isn't needed. Block or remove. (But a mod is needed if you run a std ECU)

Megasquirt II V3 can control an IACV, so keep it.

But remove the black plastic resonance chamber from the inlet if you wish; many say the car's more grunty (or at least more satisfyingly noisy) without it.

HTH

Edited by DrSarty

welshpug

pic 3;

blue - oil breather hose connection is the larger pipe, below is a small 3mm connection for the Charcoal canister purge valve which is located next the the PAS reservoir.

pink - small electrical t/b heater.

yellow - TPS

green - ICV.

red - IAT.

pugpete1108
Pic 1

Red is MAP

Yellow is just the servo/vacuum take off

Pic 3 (??? - where's pic 2)

Red IAT (inlet air temp)

Green ICV or to be more correct IACV (inlet air control valve), commonly called a stepper motor as it's 4-pin

Yellow TPS

Blue - If those are coolant hoses (which they seem to be) THEY are what heats the TB

Pink - If the above is true then the yellow connector is part of the canister purge valve (CPV). I can't see the black plastic thing that's the gubbins of it which also has a breather tube.

You don't really need a TB heater no.

The CPV isn't needed. Block or remove. (But a mod is needed if you run a std ECU)

Megasquirt II V3 can control an IACV, so keep it.

But remove the black plastic resonance chamber from the inlet if you wish; many say the car's more grunty (or at least more satisfyingly noisy) without it.

HTH

it does help indeed rich cheers.

i will keep the iacv even though i am running ms1 (could update later on)ill just block it off as at the mo its letting air through.

block off the heater (could i infact remove this whole gubbins?)

i'm using the ms map sensor so should i just run a pipe from say the servo vacuum pipe for this and not use the std map sensor?

how do i remove the resonance chamber? does this not leave a big hole in the plenium?

thanks for the advice and there was a pic2 but it was pretty much the same as pic 3 so i didnt use it :blush:

DrSarty

You can Tee the MS based MAP sensor off the servo hose.

Plug the hole in the inlet where the res chamber was. Apparently certain milk bottle caps fit snuggly.

pugpete1108
You can Tee the MS based MAP sensor off the servo hose.

Plug the hole in the inlet where the res chamber was. Apparently certain milk bottle caps fit snuggly.

i'm running the brake servo from the vacuum unit on the end of the 6 head so dont really need the t off anyway.

and you're right a milk bottle cap does fit quite snugly :lol: not sure it can stay that way when i fit the s/charger though, but it will do for the time being.

tankyou very muchly