• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sven_2k4

[misc_work] 1988 205 Cti Back From The Brink.....

Goliath

There is a small brown wire that runs through the notorious brown multiplug which sits just above the gearbox/under the inlet area, that brown wire should power the starter solenoid via the spade connector on the end of it.

I had a similar problem once in so far as the started would sometimes engage randomly while driving along! It turned out that said brown wire had lost some of its protective sheathing and was shorting out on something making the starter fire. So probably best to trace the wire back from the starter and see what condition it is in.

You could also check it is plugged into the right pin in the plug under the dash (near the steeing column). Does the starter first fire up on the correct position on the key or does it start to fire when in the idle position?

Sven_2k4
There is a small brown wire that runs through the notorious brown multiplug which sits just above the gearbox/under the inlet area, that brown wire should power the starter solenoid via the spade connector on the end of it.

Small brown? this is a blue wire?

I had a similar problem once in so far as the started would sometimes engage randomly while driving along! It turned out that said brown wire had lost some of its protective sheathing and was shorting out on something making the starter fire. So probably best to trace the wire back from the starter and see what condition it is in.

You could also check it is plugged into the right pin in the plug under the dash (near the steeing column). Does the starter first fire up on the correct position on the key or does it start to fire when in the idle position?

the starter fires in as it should in the III key postion but then keeps trying to engage perminently

Goliath

It may well be a blue wire, I am probably mistaken or just remembering it wrong.

i'll keep racking my brains RE the starter staying engaged but not sure what it could be. What condition is the blue wire in?

Sven_2k4
It may well be a blue wire, I am probably mistaken or just remembering it wrong.

i'll keep racking my brains RE the starter staying engaged but not sure what it could be. What condition is the blue wire in?

not the best but seems to be in one piece all the way to the from the starter to the bulkhead........I'll have a hunt tonight.

Sven_2k4

Hey all

Sorry for the lack of updates on the CTi but work commitments have taken over and I've got no time to do anymore to the CTi so she's on Ebay looking for a good home for someone who has more time.

Ebay Link

Ah well should free up the space for GTi shell as and when i get one.