• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Fazza6868

Emerald Tacho Converter Wiring Help

Fazza6868

Is there guide any where for fitting these things for simpletons , i have an emerald ecu and the rev counter converter module .

Please help ? :)

taylorspug

If you are wiring it into some 205 clocks, Daz C i think it is (?) has a guide on here for wiring the tacho in without the convertor, just simply moving a wire on the back of the PCB in the clocks. Seems very accurate too (or at least mine is up to around 6k).

Fazza6868
If you are wiring it into some 205 clocks, Daz C i think it is (?) has a guide on here for wiring the tacho in without the convertor, just simply moving a wire on the back of the PCB in the clocks. Seems very accurate too (or at least mine is up to around 6k).

I already have the converter though, so thought it would be easier , which is more accurate ?

what is a PCB ?

Tom Fenton

The convertor comes with instructions, or the one I bought did. Contact Emerald if you need another copy I'm sure they will help. All the connections can be done behind the clocks.

pee vee

Red wire ----> 12v + (switched/ignition live)

Black wire ----> earth

Yellow wire ----> pin 12 of ECU

Orange wire ----> tacho wire in loom which i Think is wire 112.

They seem very good. My first one Suddenly packed up about 1/2 hour into use, but emerald warrentied it and I've had no troubles at all

ever since.

Edited by pee vee