• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Veero

Carbs And Megajolt

Veero

Right,

I am tempted to try a Megajolt setup with R1 carbs. Hopefully mapping won't be an issue, place just up the road I have heard good things about.

But, I literally don't know anything about them. Now I have the Audi I don't really want to use the 205 for any daily use so it will probably be just local B-road blasts and the odd track day, so general economy isn't too much problem.

Would going over to carbs like that give much increase in power?

Are they difficult to setup?

What's the cold start like (as they have no idle control etc)?

If anyone can shed some light on carbs for me I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Veero

iamjackiechan

hi

im running twin 45's on an s16 engine using megajolt, megajolt started out as a bit of a pain in the arse but once you get it setup and reading

fine ive had no problems at all and have downloaded a extra programe for it allowing me to live map with it.

as for the cold starts im running no choke and havent had any problems occasionly i may need to keep the throttle on for a few seconds, but still very reliable.

power wise i never drove the standard engine but this one definately pulls like a train and you cannot explain the soud it makes, i wouldnt

want to swap it for anything, always turning heads.

will

Veero

Sounds good.

Anyone else got any opinions or advice?

Atari Boy

Sorry, no advice but a good question, I want to do the same sort of thing.

ORB

We are from the same egg, I have the A4 Avant SE and I also have a 205 MI16 on MJ and R1 carbs :lol:

I am still in the setting up stage and getting it all 'just so'

But even with no pro tuning and stuff it is running VERY well, starts no bother, revs like mad and the MJ is easier than the Dizzy to use!

Go for it.

Veero

Excellent! Just what I wanted to hear. Reckon I'll go for it :D

dandelph

Have got the megajolt v4 in my Simca and in the processes of going to bike carbs. Found the megajolt straight forward to setup and adjust there is good online help and a very indepth instructions for installation.

Simca still running twin webbers at the mo but the ignition made a massive difference you could hear it as soon as I started it ran much smoother and seemed to have more low down torque :D

Atari Boy

Where is the best place to buy MJ?

dandelph
Where is the best place to buy MJ?

I bought mine directly from the states off their web page :-

mega jolt .

was here within a week :D I bought the lead as well as it was easier than modding one :D