• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
danny56712

Mi16 Wiring Issue - Engine Control Relay

danny56712

Hi im using mi16 engine loom and the original phase 1 loom for all sensors etc. now i am left with pin 27 36 and 37 which are called engine control relay on the mi16 loom. what exactly are these wires to be connected to and also i have a wire from the coil block connector and the ignition amplifier block connector out loose and i dont see where to connect these to. Please i need hel pand very fast.

Regards Kevin

pug_ham

What ecu is it you are wiring up, ML4.1 (two row ecu) or M1.3 (three row ecu) & what car did the loom originally come from?

Are the numbers 27, 36 & 37 are the ecu plug pin numbers? If so then you appear to have the M1.3 ecu.

27 & 37 are 12v signals into the ecu & pin 36 is a switched earth.

Pin 36 runs between the injection supply relay & ecu plug.

Pin 27 between the ecu & the coil / ignition module.

Pin 37 between the ecu, injectors & charcoal cannister purge solenoid.

The single wire from the coil plug if its a short (usually white) wire with a spade connector on then it is usually there & doesn't connect to anything. Its a test connector for checking the coil has 12v imo.

The single wire from the ignition module could be the module earth wire, what colour is it & can you check with a multimeter which terminal in the plug it comes from?

Graham.

danny56712
What ecu is it you are wiring up, ML4.1 (two row ecu) or M1.3 (three row ecu) & what car did the loom originally come from?

Are the numbers 27, 36 & 37 are the ecu plug pin numbers? If so then you appear to have the M1.3 ecu.

27 & 37 are 12v signals into the ecu & pin 36 is a switched earth.

Pin 36 runs between the injection supply relay & ecu plug.

Pin 27 between the ecu & the coil / ignition module.

Pin 37 between the ecu, injectors & charcoal cannister purge solenoid.

The single wire from the coil plug if its a short (usually white) wire with a spade connector on then it is usually there & doesn't connect to anything. Its a test connector for checking the coil has 12v imo.

The single wire from the ignition module could be the module earth wire, what colour is it & can you check with a multimeter which terminal in the plug it comes from?

Graham.

iv done a lot to mi16 wiring since, but i think ecu must be the problem now. im using 3 row mi ecu and loom..

1.wire 27 connects to coil ign amp and switched live?

2. wire 1 triggers ign amp and comes from ecu and enters coil in two pins, and sends pulse to control ignition time

3.there is a single wire joining amp to coil.

4. ignition amp is earthed by one wire.

5. there is a rpm wire from coil, i ignored this for now.

Now these are my wires which i think are correct but still no spark, i tested coil and ign amp and both are fine so must be down to ecu??

or are these wires wrong?

danny56712
Hi im using mi16 engine loom and the original phase 1 loom for all sensors etc. now i am left with pin 27 36 and 37 which are called engine control relay on the mi16 loom. what exactly are these wires to be connected to and also i have a wire from the coil block connector and the ignition amplifier block connector out loose and i dont see where to connect these to. Please i need hel pand very fast.

Regards Kevin

Going checking if i have power at injectors now o further clarify on ecu trouble.

pug_ham
iv done a lot to mi16 wiring since, but i think ecu must be the problem now. im using 3 row mi ecu and loom..

1.wire 27 connects to coil ign amp and switched live?

Wire 27 does connect the ecu, coil & ignition amp so it must be a switched wire but it is an input to the ecu from these components afaik.

2. wire 1 triggers ign amp and comes from ecu and enters coil in two pins, and sends pulse to control ignition time

The wire from pin 1 of the ecu plug purely goes to the ignition amp.

Wire 2 is the ignition switched 12v that goes to both the ignition amp & coil & that is part of the original 205 loom.

3.there is a single wire joining amp to coil.

Effectively yes, its the same wire #2 mentioned above.

4. ignition amp is earthed by one wire.

Yes, depending on what car you loom came from (BX 16v or 405 Mi16) this wire could be part of the main loom earth ring terminal that bolts to the gearbox earth stud or a seperate wire coming out of the iginiton amp plug.

5. there is a rpm wire from coil, i ignored this for now.

Yes but that won't stop the car from running.

Graham.

pug_ham

This is the wiring diagram I am using btw. (right click, save target as).

Graham.

danny56712

Regards Kevin

Thanks for all the diagrams lads, everything i have seems perfect must be ecu gone bang or something.