• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sub205

Tuning On Steady State Dyno

sub205

Hello,

whats the best and fastest way using a steady state dyno?

i thought about setting afr-targets, activating ego correction, opening up ignitionmap and tuning every field there (letting the ego do the ve-table for this moment), after that tuning the ve-table to fit the wanted afr?

or are there even better ways of doing this?

something i missed, perhaps?

sub205

noone experienced in this?

friday is coming closer and good hints can spare me tests, time and money :-)

for sure i want to do it well...

Baz

It's probably better letting us know what engine management you're using, as this is usually the depending factor of how you can 'tune' the car.

Basically you use the dyno in steady state mode to set the car at different speed/load sites and map the fuel and ignition at said sites, whilst observing the AFR etc.

sub205
It's probably better letting us know what engine management you're using, as this is usually the depending factor of how you can 'tune' the car.

Basically you use the dyno in steady state mode to set the car at different speed/load sites and map the fuel and ignition at said sites, whilst observing the AFR etc.

i'm using a custom ms2extra with fw 2.1.0 (or a later beta, depends on some tests later)

the ego-correction should be quick enough to let me trim the ignition without touching the (already good tuned in) ve-table, i hope so?

Baz

Yes i should've thought so dependant on what system the dyno uses, most modern EG analysers are fairly 'live' so refresh quick enough to rely on.

Also helps to have a good ear for Det.!

sub205
Yes i should've thought so dependant on what system the dyno uses, most modern EG analysers are fairly 'live' so refresh quick enough to rely on.

Also helps to have a good ear for Det.!

i'll hook up an lm386 audio amp ic to the knock sensor and listen to the engine sound myself. best and most secure way.

how many degrees to retard when listening knock? 2°? more ? any rough values?

the dyno is an 4WD one, fairly new (5-10years) and seems to be a modern one with good accuracy and features.

sideways danny

do a very quick buzz over to get the fuel somewhere close, then do the ignition timing as accurately as you can, then go back to the fuel to make it right. Best method with timing is to map every other site in both directions, then interpolate between all the mapped sites (a 3x3 square at a time)

sub205

everything went well today, and 156bhp / 188nm is okay i think :-)

diagramm here

jackherer

Not bad :lol:

More importantly, what is it like to drive? ;)

sub205
Not bad :)

More importantly, what is it like to drive? ;)

like hell, especially in the 2th gear at corners when accelerating at their ends. pulls really nervous at the steering wheel. :)

thats where i earned most of the power on the dyno.