• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
backroadpug

Water In My N/s Sill

backroadpug

Hi every one i have a 205 rallye its completely striped out no carpet or linings.

Problem is every time it rains i seem to get water inside my sill.

Even if i havent been out in her and as soon as im out i brake and you can here the water running down the sill.

I have blown out all the channels down the arches and windscreen and when i pour water down it seams to drain out

Ive checked all the gromits and seals but the sill always seem to get filled.

If any one has had same problems or a cure would be much app. as it never stops raining here in sunny Scotland :)

Cheers..

Anthony

Have you cleared out the two underneath the sill? They're very small slots, less than 10mm long from memory, located near the jacking points and they block up causing the issue you're getting - the N/S sill on my 205 did exactly the same thing, and poking a flatblade screwdriver through those slots to clear them out fixed it.

backroadpug

Cheers Anthony Ill have a look tomorrow thats if its not raining :)

Last Legend

If I ever heard water sloshing in my cill I just used to stick my finger in the cill gromment and alow the water to drain out.

chipstick

Apologies for the thread revival, but I've now the same issue. I noticed dripping from the rear when I jacked the car up - obviously forcing the water backwards. I pushed my finger through it and a large amount of water ran out which is a concern. The one to the very back of the sill/inner arch is fine, it's just the one underneath to the side of the tank.

My question is, how does the water run down to this point? I'm not convinced my rear quarter windows are a decent fit anymore so could this be a symptom of water coming in and down behind the rear quarter card into the sill?

My car has a dealer fit sunroof. I do believe there are drains to the front but don't recall seeing anything going from the back when I've been tinkering around that area in the past.

The seals having a + in them opposed to a small hole is probably not ideal. I don't want to remove them but I am tempted to make a slight hole in the centre so any rain water can drain out quicker rather than sit in the sill until the car is moved and it travels backwards. Otherwise I'll have to add a frequent fingering into my maintenance schedule :lol:

2052NV

I just took the bungs for my sills out and srayed a heap of cavity wax down there and left it at that. Id say water is ment to drain through there, The bungs are probably just old and hard and not letting the water drain out. I have not had a problem with water pooling since.