• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Batfink

Exhaust Options On A Gti-6 Engined 205

welshpug

yeah, so the same as your quote, and the same I was quoted a while back, Downpipes aren't cheap due to the Flange.

taylorspug

That seems very good money for a manifold back system, i could be interested in some sort of group buy.

DrSarty
That's a very good price! :)

I would be interested in at least one system most likely, Mi manifold compatible. Be interested to hear if this can become a group buy.

oli-pug

Had the exhaust done yesterday, very happy with it and the service at MIJ is excellent :lol:

Quality looks good and it's not too loud either. Makes a nice noise through tunnels :D For the size of the boxes they used, I was expecting it to be very loud! I'd say it's definitely a very similar construction to the DES systems (that I've seen anyway)

I have a video of it in action but need to get around to converting the mp4 file to avi first. Took some pics of the system as well, please excuse the saggy knackered rear valance...

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

DSC01430.jpg

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01434.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

Tom Fenton

Looks nice, only comment I would make is try and get some skids on the leading edges of the boxes, as otherwise if you catch them on something it will make a mess of the box rather than ride it up and over.

oli-pug

I had a good word with Jay, who admitted that he might have mis-quoted me originally. Normally, he'd charge £320 for this system which considering the work involved is still very cheap in my opinion. I managed to get mine for the £295 that he quoted as he didn't want to go back on his word.

As regards to a group buy discount, anyone who quotes my name will get £20 off the normal price. So £300 for a full manifold back system, to whatever spec you want (mi, gti6, 8v etc...) and your choice of diameters, boxes and tailpipe.

Please pm me for full details if you're interested.

Edited by oli-pug

oli-pug
Looks nice, only comment I would make is try and get some skids on the leading edges of the boxes, as otherwise if you catch them on something it will make a mess of the box rather than ride it up and over.

Yeh Tom, good shout i'll ring up and ask them about that. Pretty sure they'll do it free of charge because it's in there best interest really isn't it.

DrSarty

Yeah: liking that Oli. Bet your neighbours thought you were a right weirdo taking all those phots! :lol:

What heat shield is that on your tunnel? (Fnarr)

oli-pug

Yeah, looked like a right goon i bet! SLR with a big lense as well :) Think they're used to it by now though, without fail, there's a car up on stands and in bits practically every weekend. Was a peaceful, pleasant area before my Dad moved there.

Heatshield is just some stuff we used at my old work, can get it in various sizes from Demon Tweeks I think. I've now given the tunnel up to the gearstick a coating in that heat shielding tape too.

Managed to upload my vid to youtube, have a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOASC1zJhv8

Sign in to follow this