• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jdb1964

Oem Dealer Decals For Rear Screen

jonnygoodhand

window-sticker.jpg

I can only cut from single, flat colour vinyl, so the two colour stickers are layered.

The top is a single colour stuck to the inside, the middle is a two colour stuck inside and the bottom is a two colour on the outside.

miamichris

seeing these, I cant wait for my xs vinyls Jonny, great work! :)

stufarri

Jonny - if enough people read this thread you could be inundated with requests.

Just need to find out which dealer supplied my 2 205s now!

How much do you think these would be? - particularly like the middle one.

Richie

Nice work jonny. I work in a similar industry, we have a digital vinyl printer which i've been intending to print my dealer decal again on transparent vinyl. Havn't got round to doing it yet, just another little detail which makes the car look original :P

jdb1964

Hi , they look fab :D , I wonder what the size would need to be to make similar to the originals ?

JDB

jonnygoodhand
Hi , they look fab :lol: , I wonder what the size would need to be to make similar to the originals ?

I imagine they probably altered over the years, perhaps even from batch to batch. These ones I made to 280mm long - drop me a PM if you'd like one posted out to you.

Jonny - if enough people read this thread you could be inundated with requests.

Just need to find out which dealer supplied my 2 205s now!

How much do you think these would be? - particularly like the middle one.

I've spent the last couple of days creating a little web application that allows you to design your own. Once I've tested it properly, you'll be able to buy online. Shouldn't cost too much, probably around £10, as all the design work is done by the end user.

jonnygoodhand
Hi , they look fab :blink: , I wonder what the size would need to be to make similar to the originals ?

Hi Jon

The decal is on its way to you. It's a little smaller, measuring 250mm long, as this seems to be more the accepted size. Please post up a pic of it fitted if you're happy with it.

If anyone else has any images of dealer decals, upload them here. Would be nice to see what different styles there are out there.

Cheers,

John

dk73

Hi mate,

Can you do me one of these rear window dealer stickers please?

I would like a white background with black lettering?

It doesnt matter about the name of the dealer has long hasthe phone number dates back to 1992?

What im saying in 1992 the area phone code was pre 01 etc etc so it would be four diggits instead of five.

If you can do this for me i will deffo have one, i would like a white background because of my car being white.

Please get back to me.

Regards dk73. :rolleyes:

shalmaneser
Hi mate,

It doesnt matter about the name of the dealer has long hasthe phone number dates back to 1992?

What im saying in 1992 the area phone code was pre 01 etc etc so it would be four diggits instead of five.

If you can do this for me i will deffo have one, i would like a white background because of my car being white.

Please get back to me.

Regards dk73. :rolleyes:

Link is HERE - http://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/signs-a...ealer-stickers/

really nice little site!

stufarri

Just been looking through all my old MOTs for my CTI & GTI and came across an early 1990s Peugeot dealer location booklet with all UK dealer detail including old style phone numbers.

If anyone needs details of a dealership, drop me a PM.

one-lady-owner

Here's mine:

DSC00500.jpg

I've also got the dealer list from 1992!

Sorry about the quality!!! Phone camera, dark, rain etc etc

Edited by one-lady-owner

jdb1964
Hi mate,

Please get back to me.

Regards dk73. :)

Are the dealer details not in the dealer books that came with the car often with key number and radio code ?

then can contact local newspaper to see if can get advert in period then get someone such as johnnygoodhand to make one up...

jonnygoodhand
Hi mate,

Please get back to me.

Regards dk73. :wub:

There's a delaer in Tamworth called 'Chambers'. Not sure how long they've been going, but their sticker could've looked like this.

Quite often, up until the early 90s, many people left off the phone code all together and added their location instead. So the above would be something like Tamworth 63111'.

one-lady-owner
Quite often, up until the early 90s, many people left off the phone code all together and added their location instead. So the above would be something like Tamworth 63111'.

See my earlier pic above ^^^^ Southend 347861

This was also the case for my old 1971 Morris 1100 that had the original dealer sticker in the window, it just listed the town and a 5 digit phone number

jdb1964

Hi,

my Morrison Brothers 'dealer decal' arrived in the post today !

it looks just fine

if it ever stops raining I'll stick in inside the rear screen and I'll load up a photo of it in-situ asap.

A little sideline for you in the dark days of winter with all the resto projects and show cars readying for the springtime !

:)