• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
floodys

Cheapest Place To Buy Heater Matrix

floodys

i had a quick search to see if anyone had listed on here where to buy cheapest heater matrix, silks told me about a place called buypartsbuy and they do it for £35ish delivered, any takers on cheaper than that??

p.s new ones!!

richsmells

Got mine from buy parts buy too. Check it's not just the rubber seals/o-rings on the pipes where they fit into the matrix as these break down causing a leak. You can replace these for about 20p.

Brian M

Not sure how much they are on AEPdirect.co.uk but they're generally well priced.

DirtyFlare

They are £14.25+VAT from euro car parts http://www.eurocarparts.com, the cheapest I've found anywhere (even second hand ones on ebay are more expensive :) )

jeremy

I bought one from eurocarparts about 3 1/2 years ago and it was probably nearer £35 then, and when I came to add the coolant a year later (car was in the garage whilst I was doing all manor of things to it) it had a nice hole in it. I sourced another new one from a local motor factors and I'm sure is was nearer £25 and came with two new pipes to go through the bulkhead.

lagonda

Recently bought a new matrix for mine from GSF, came to about £38 including discount.

Much easier to fit than I thought, & old one was fairly covered with dead leaves etc so heater now more effective.....but....it dunnarf smell! Presumably some sort of preservative coating, hope it wears off soon.