• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
markw

Heater Assembly Removal

markw

Those of you that have removed your heater assembly,does the car steam up

in normal driving or just when its rains,I would like to take mine out but i am worried about it

steaming up

cheers

DamirGTI

... when mine wasn't working it did the steaming act on the glass when ever was cold outside , though not so excessive as during the rainy days ..

Why do you want to remove it anyway ? :)

Damir :D

markw

Its a class 3b sprint and hillclimb car(modified production) its all stripped out inside carpets, seats,internal door skins etc ,so i dont actually need it and they weigh a fair bit

its just that i will use it occasionally on the road too.

... when mine wasn't working it did the steaming act on the glass when ever was cold outside , though not so excessive as during the rainy days ..

Why do you want to remove it anyway ? :)

Damir :D

jackherer

I've built a few 205s with no heater but they had heated front screens and I would want one or the other. The worst misting happens when you get rained on then get into the car still wet.

cRaig

Mm, my heatermatrix started leaking last november, so I bypassed it for a while. I remember one journey when I had to drive 150miles back to uni at about 5 in the morning.. had to have a towel on the passenger seat to clear the windscreen with.. not idea on the motorway lol.

Plus I dont find driving in a jacket and gloves very comfortable!