• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Xs Not Starting After Hg Change

M_R_205

hey guys,

me and a friend changed the HG on his 1360 XS had the head skimmed and fittted a new belt kit at the same time, everything went together fine, the two timing marks match up perfectly so the belt is on ok, but now it wont start up, its definatley getting spark and fuel, iv not managed to do a compression test yet but when turning it over it dosent sound quite right,

can the rocker/tappet clearnces be out after the change? and what are the correct values? or is there an easy trick to get them near enough??

any other ideas or help would be great

Cheers

Paul.

Lan

from memory 0.20mm inlet and 0.40 exhaust they have to be set in order the order in listed in the haynes manual :)

AndyJ

Lock the timing back up and see if it's out a tooth or two, especially if it sounds strange when its turning over.

Also, how long was the head off for? When mine was apart for a few days it had no compression cos there was no oil on the liner sufaces...a drop of oil down the plug holes and it fired up first time.

Edited by AndyJ

miamichris

sounds daft I know, but check that 2 of the leads aren't the wrong way round or something, not that it has ever happened to me :rolleyes: