• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Disconnecting Pas,

Alan_M

Whats to be done?

Got an Mi16 to go in. It has got an Mi P/Steering pump on it, but would like to go back to unassisted steering.

cybernck

if you really want to do that :lol: disconnect the pump, remove the hoses and the fluid reservoir,

then remove the hydraulic ram off the rack and put a plug in all the holes, and i believe that's it.

Guest puginfo

>>> yeah, that's about all but would you be comfortable enough with the twist bar still located inside the control valve at the steering column end? Its said to have a smaller diam than the outside shaft to have some twist in the ori pas setup. That's the main link between the steering and the pinion shaft.

base-1

cybernck's right, thats what i have done just the other day, havent plugged the holes yet, not sure what to use?

jackherer

I've done this to a couple of 205s now, one was very recent but the other has done 15k miles and 18 months with no problems.

base-1

kieran, did you block the holes up? what did you use if you did?

jackherer

I used foil exhaust tape, bit of a bodge, and you'd do better with suitable bolts, but it worked well :D

base-1

brilliant! i even have some of that lying around somewhere i think :D i did think i could try and get some bolts the same thread etc as the unions, but bugger that for shedloads of effort :D

alan, i took this pic, probably no help whatsoever but here ya go anyway :) (and yes i know i have a rubbish downpipe, but i will get a proper one when i have the dollar)

DSCN2771.JPG

Sign in to follow this