• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jonnyturbo

2.0 8v Turbo Crank Pulley

jonnyturbo

the outside part has decided to come away from the centre and cause an awfull rubbing noise, my question is what keeps both parts together and will my pulley be more then likely scrap now?

thanks.

Galifrey
the outside part has decided to come away from the centre and cause an awfull rubbing noise, my question is what keeps both parts together and will my pulley be more then likely scrap now?

thanks.

Aren't they rubber isolated? I think its scrap now

jonnyturbo

i have completely no idea mate i didnt evan know they came apart! anyone know how much it would cost for a new one?

jonnyturbo

well i just found this information on it lol not sure if this is what you mean though?

The factory crank pulley has a built-in harmonic dampener, in the form of a split design, with a thick rubber pad sandwiched between two steel sheels. The dampener is designed to absorb torsional and vertical vibrations from the crank

Galifrey
well i just found this information on it lol not sure if this is what you mean though?

The factory crank pulley has a built-in harmonic dampener, in the form of a split design, with a thick rubber pad sandwiched between two steel sheels. The dampener is designed to absorb torsional and vertical vibrations from the crank

Yup, thats it, Its trash I think!

jonnyturbo

know any anyone who sells a single piece pulley instead of the original 2 half pulley?

pablo

make sure the timing hole is there if youre getting a different one.

M@tt

the pulley is found on loads of XU engines (part no. 0515 H6)

XU7JP

XU5JP

XU10J2

welshpug

will a normal metal 8v pulley do the trick?

jonnyturbo

people use that to time the engine up dont they welsh?

pablo

I timed mine up using the normal pulley mate. I recall reading a problem where the outer ring can move relative to the inner ring so will throw off the timing hole. Mine looked ok though.

jonnyturbo

had same problem when timing my engine up but never thought about the outer ring moving so guessed at the timing and luckly got it right lol.

jonnyturbo

matt are you sure any of the pulleys on those engines will fit mine ?

pablo

there is someone breaking a gti6 engine in the classifieds, maybe it would work ok.

jonnyturbo

im sure i read somewhere they are different but maybe im wrong. would rather find out first off matt which engines i can use the crank pulley off as engine codes baffle me.

Sign in to follow this