• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eck_johnston

Rattles.... Inevitably

eck_johnston

couple of quick uns (hopefully)

First, does anyone have any tips on how to revive the wee plastic spring clip that holds the coin tray lid on the dash shut? On certain bumps (which there seem to be a lot of in edinburgh) it starts a demented bouncing routine which is very very annoying.

Second, my tailgate developed an equally annoying rattle which was cured by adjusting the catch. The bootlid is now nice and tight and doesn't rattle. Instead, because the plastic sleevey bit that wraps the body mounted part of the locking mechanism is worn through, it makes a helluva creak. Again, any tips or shall I to nip to the scrappers and see if i can get one with the plastic intact?

ta

eck

Edited by eck_johnston

engine killer
couple of quick uns (hopefully)

First, does anyone have any tips on how to revive the wee plastic spring clip that holds the coin tray lid on the dash shut? On certain bumps (which there seem to be a lot of in edinburgh) it starts a demented bouncing routine which is very very annoying.

Second, my tailgate developed an equally annoying rattle which was cured by adjusting the catch. The bootlid is now nice and tight and doesn't rattle. Instead, because the plastic sleevey bit that wraps the body mounted part of the locking mechanism is worn through, it makes a helluva creak. Again, any tips or shall I to nip to the scrappers and see if i can get one with the plastic intact?

ta

eck

1st - I think you can still buy the spring clip from Peugeot dealer (not expensive at all). Or simply use some blutact to secure it and leave it there.

2nd - I guess the one from scrappers is about the same age as yours, try your luck. Mine has gone too so I cut a thin piece of plastic/rubber (about 1 mm thick) and cable-tied it there. Try the inner tube/tyre from a heavy commercial vehicle.

GLPoomobile

I have an idea for the latter (not tested though), try some plastic/rubber tube such as washer jet tube. Cut to size then slit lengthways and slip it over the catch.

eck_johnston

cheers.

i'll see if i can get the clip from peugeot, and try bodging various things on the boot catch.

eck

engine killer

#3 - 8203S9 plug towball black 7.85gbp/9.03gbp

#4 - 8203T1 plug towball black 16.74gbp/19.25gbp

#5 - 8203T3 coin box 42.60gbp/48.99gbp

#6 - 821007 retaining clip 1.44gbp/1.66gbp

#7 - 820468 opening set 7.53gbp/8.66gbp

engine killer

#1 - 872438 boot striker 13.84gbp/15.92/gbp

seems like it is worth getting new if you cannot get a solution after a month or two.