• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam jfm

Carb Fuel System?

sam jfm

I have a set of twin 40's to plumb in, now im not sure what to do on the fueling front. i have a filter king to reduce the pressure ( to about 5psi?) but i am wondering how to get the fuel to it. i had thought about using the original gti pump thats on the car, through the reg and to the carbs BUT i dont have a return on the reg or the carbs i dont think? so i cant get the fuel back to the tank. so what are my other options? swirl pot and another pump? (rarther not its gets expensive) other than that i dont know!

What is the standard gti pump pressure? i dont want to reduce it to the stage where its putting alot of strain on the pump, they catch fire you know!

Baz

You don't need a return with carbs.

3bar is around the std inj. pressure iirc., you'll be ok to use the std pump then knock the pressure down with one (probably 2) regulators.

sam jfm

2 regs? how come?

mickie

one regulates the high pressure down from the standard pump and also returns the excess fuel back to the tank, the other is a straight through regulator that drops off the pressure even more for the carbs

Galifrey
one regulates the high pressure down from the standard pump and also returns the excess fuel back to the tank, the other is a straight through regulator that drops off the pressure even more for the carbs

You don't need 2 if you fit one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=390097431808

it does both jobs in one

mickie

dont the carbs need less than 5 psi ?

MrG

mine runs spot on 5psi and are ok. I have one reg (a filter king) and it does the job and like Baz says, I have no return, I just plugged the exg return and left it in place. Runs from the std GTI pump etc.

Galifrey
dont the carbs need less than 5 psi ?

5psi is spot on for DCOE's