• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Xud9 Block Into A 205

wardy18

Calling all people who have used the Diesel Iron XUD9 block into the 205.......

Assuming as this block being already fitted into the 205 1.9 Diesel that its a straight replacement for the std XU9 block?!

ie. i can use the std lower engine mount and the same flywheel and gearbox which i am currently running on the XU9 (bearing in mind it will have the XUD11 2.1TD Crank fitted)

Can someone please confirm so i know what's going to be involved!?

wardy18

Anyone?!?!

Slight change though, can anyone tell me if i can use my flywheel from my std 205 88mm crank onto 92mm AND 96mm cranks?!

PLEASE HELP

Simon

weejimmy

yes the xud9 goes in as i have one in my misses car.

uses same mounts and can use any xu fly/gearbox.

you can use the 205 fly on the 2.1 td crank ive done this also ( well it was a 306td fly but that fits a 205 crank so they must all fit)

not sure about the 96mm crank thoe

wardy18

great news, I knew there would be someone out with this done already! I think ill have to jus cross my fingers with regards to the flywheel, many thanks for the reply mate

Anyone out there used the 96mm crank??? Please confirm 205 flywheel fitment

Regards

Simon

DrSarty

What engine is the 96mm crank fitted to, that will also fit the XU(D)9 block then?

As you know the XUD11 (2.1 TD 406) crank is 92mm. Where are you thinking of getting a 96mm crank from?

wardy18

I have one offered to me from a Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi, i have looked on Wikipedia and this LOOKS the same DW12 engine as the Peugeot 406 HDi but i need to make sure

Anyone know?!

Its quite urgent as he is expecting an answer tonight

Tom Fenton

It is easy to have a flywheel made if it comes to it, so if you've your heart set on this 96mm crank I wouldn't get too concerned about flywheels.

wardy18

Thanks Tom, i just wanted to know as i spent £300 quid on that Helix Ally flywheel so naturally i would like to use it in the new engine :ph34r:

wardy18

Also im 99% sure that the 607 2.2 HDi is the same DW12 engine as the 406 2.2HDi and Citroen C5 2.2 HDi that i've been told to look out for to get this crank from.

Wikipedia has the 406 2.2 HDi as a DW12 engine but the DW12 link sends you to the PSA XU engine page, the Citroen 2.2 HDi has the link correct though so this confirmed it for me.

Sorry for the jargon

wardy18

here's a pic of the 96mm DW12 crank from a Peugeot 607 2.2HDi I have just bought for £75 inc delivery

Sign in to follow this