• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
foreigner

Zx Hubs + Shafts With 309 Wishbones

foreigner

or are driveshafts too long?

I remember someone telling me that they had problem but can't remember

pug_ham

Pretty sure the driveshafts will be to long & lock up on any suspension travel if not just with the weight back on the wheels.

Graham.

welshpug

I doubt you'd get the balljoint in the hub with a ZX driveshaft!

hub carrier on its own would be fine with 309 shafts though.

foreigner

I know that hub will fit.

I thought since I will have spare set of hubs,shocks,springs and shafts from my volcane soon to use it on 205 with wider wishbones.

So how much would the special wishbones for this set up cost?

Anyone?

pug_ham
So how much would the special wishbones for this set up cost?

Anyone?

Blank cheque time imo, to get the correct length (rather than bodge & guess) to allow for full suspension travel etc is going to take time & need some expenditure to find.

Graham.

foreigner

bodge and quess is basically the way of development untill you find the right solution in my opinion.

So I am on the right way then.

Now.

What advantage would it create? since I am only considering because of the bits I have.

welshpug

unless you're going for a dimma/maxi bodykit and wide track wishbones, including moving the top mounts out and using zx/306/xsara steering arms, I would stick to 309 driveshafts.

foreigner

wouldn't not moving top mounts create negative camber wich someone told me is good, or is it too much camber?

As I understood zx hubs with 309 bones create the same camber as standard 205 so applying this logic means using even wider bones should create negative camber and should be ok.

Am I right or wrong?

I wouldn't worry about the bodykit - that's should be fine.

Edited by foreigner

Kev-G

IIRC I once fitted 405 shafts with 309 wishbones - Tight as hell and knocked like buggery!! Doesn't work....

I'm almost certain that the wishbones from 309 though to 406 are all VERY close in length - The difference in track is down to the sub-frame width. Sure we looked at this with the intention of using 405 wishbones.

With the exception of the replaceable ball-joint, do 306/ZX wishbones have a benefit? P-Bush is notoriously weak. I guess that they are easily welded therefore making the rear mount similar to the front (and therefore like 205/309), and the ability to move the ball-joint forward (cut + re-weld somewhere further out on the arm) could be possibilities.

foreigner
IIRC I once fitted 405 shafts with 309 wishbones - Tight as hell and knocked like buggery!! Doesn't work....

I'm almost certain that the wishbones from 309 though to 406 are all VERY close in length - The difference in track is down to the sub-frame width. Sure we looked at this with the intention of using 405 wishbones.

With the exception of the replaceable ball-joint, do 306/ZX wishbones have a benefit? P-Bush is notoriously weak. I guess that they are easily welded therefore making the rear mount similar to the front (and therefore like 205/309), and the ability to move the ball-joint forward (cut + re-weld somewhere further out on the arm) could be possibilities.

I do not want to use 306/zx wishbones for the exact reasons you mentioned.

I think winter is coming and my garage still doesn't have any heating so I will just try that in freezing cold with 309 bones and zx hubs and shafts if it doesn't work then there is still my setup from 1.6 gti which I can use.

I think I'll have a go at the special bones.

Anyone knows any good company to do that near Watford.

Edited by foreigner

Guest rich205

Just out of interest, how much wider are the ZX driveshafts than the 205 ones?