• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sergio205

Are The 5th Door All The Same For 205'?

Sergio205

Hi there!

I just bought a boot lip spoiler from Peugeot 205 manufactured in 1987 and I am going to attach it to my 1992 Peugeot but as I saw it on the web the top end of the fifth doors is different for "prior to 1987 cars" vs late models?

Am I correct or wrong about it?

Thank you.

PS: Excuse my poor English please.

taylorspug

There were two different types of boot spoiler if thats what you mean? Phase 1 spoilers were a completely different shape to phase 1.5 or phase 2 items, although should still fit fine. Have you got a picture?

Sergio205
There were two different types of boot spoiler if thats what you mean? Phase 1 spoilers were a completely different shape to phase 1.5 or phase 2 items, although should still fit fine. Have you got a picture?

here is the link to the pic of spoiler I have:

img1395bi8.jpg

Here is the pic where the top of the door is shaped as on my car:

Door picture

So my door has sort of lip sticking out a bit over the reaar window and I don't see iton the first pic and as a result I have a cancern if the boot spoiler fits me door.

steve@cornwall

your spoiler (PH1) sticks to the glass so although the boots are different, the spoiler should still fit.

davev

i thought that the boot was different on phase 1 and 2's? and that the spoiler would only fit the boot it was made for. ie. phase 2's have a lip on the roof to attach the spoiler to, but phase 1's dont so the spoiler can fit/stick over the window rubber.

Sergio205
i thought that the boot was different on phase 1 and 2's? and that the spoiler would only fit the boot it was made for. ie. phase 2's have a lip on the roof to attach the spoiler to, but phase 1's dont so the spoiler can fit/stick over the window rubber.

gree w/you But I think that Ph1 spoiler can be glued to the window on Ph2 boot but it will look awful 'cause it will sit in the case under a "curve" of the boot body where Ph2 lip has to be attached to.

I'll try it this week end and post photos.

Thank you to all for the help.

timmsy19

IIRC all base model phase 2 boots are the same as phase 1 boots. its only the gti models which differ as to the spolier type and fitting

my 1992 trio (first car) didnt have the connections for the phase 1.5/2 spolier so i'd imagine this will be fine

Edited by timmsy19

Sergio205
IIRC all base model phase 2 boots are the same as phase 1 boots. its only the gti models which differ as to the spolier type and fitting

my 1992 trio (first car) didnt have the connections for the phase 1.5/2 spolier so i'd imagine this will be fine

I finally found a photo of my car made some time ago:

125907158.jpg

it's not the best angel of view but a shape of the boot door is seen. I placed the Ph1 spoiler today on the door and it looked bad to my tastes 'cused it looked like two stairs hanning one over another, while had I Ph2 spoiler it would look like a logical continuation of the boot door shape. IMO.