• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
weejimmy

Anyone Use Tfr To Clean Car? Which One?

weejimmy

want to get some TFR to use for cleaning at home. for diesel engine bays aswell.

on ebay theres tons of difrent ones with difrent mix ratios etc etc.

anyone any idea what ones are best / strongest?

ta

pugpete1108

We use tfr at work for cleaning marcara and it's good sh#t and I did hear it's used for cleaning cars but tbh I haven't got a clue what ratio it is, I know it hurts if you get it in a cut neat

I have heard that someone used it on there car and it tool the paint off so be careful

Baz

It's a high alkali, you can get very strong stuff, which will obviously go further the more you dilute it. There should be guidelines on each as obviously they're all differently concentrated. Good stuff though, used it for years in the valeting trade, and for lots of other purposes too!

weejimmy

yeah its what they use when i go to one of those foam wash places. they snowstem or somthing on the car and TFR on the wheels / engine bay. works wonders but i need to use it on cars with no engines so cant exactly drive down.

my mates brother dose stockies and just found out he has got some aparently, so im geting her to fill a botle up for me.

the free stuff is the best stuff.

SurGie

What is TFR ?

Is it like a pre paint paint cleaner ?

EdCherry

Traffic Film Remover or as most people know it Truck Wash. Enjoy your paint fading and dulling.

Pug_101

You don't really want to be using TFR on your car. It's too strong. It will dull your paint. Ever seen a newish car where the chrome strips have deteriorated? That's TFR.

Commonally known as Truck wash for a good reason. A very quick and easy way to keep trucks clean, but truck paint is much more resistant than car paint.

A 'All Purpose Cleaner' (APC) would be a better choice, this will get rid of just about any dirt and is safer.

Baz

It's fine if you use it diluted enough, not for regular use i agree, you need to re-polish and apply a sealant again after using ideally, but it does wonders for cleaning all the grime off, especially from under trims/seals etc etc.

swordfish210

I used to use Comma TFR in my old jet washer because it diluted it automaticly, bloody brilliant stuff.

weejimmy

great for engine bays that are coverd in 10 years of crap thoe.

you use that snow stuff on the outside of the bodywork and tfr for the wheels / engine bay.

ravydavy

We use it at work for the lorry's. We use deb tfr and its quite mild. ive seen a lot stronger. i'd stick to using it on the wheels and engine bay. As others have said its a strong alkali. I was using it neat to clean my alloys which it does with ease and it got rid of a wart on my thumb too. its strong sh*t...