• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ricky1.9

Mi16 With No Power

philfingers

that's a genuine one i think so should be good

DrSarty

Have you swapped AFMs for the correct one? It ends in '202' part number.

If that hasn't fixed it, then permit me to start going over obvious stuff, just to eliminate things.

You said the ign leads were on correctly; would you triple check for old Sarty please? :)

leadsorder.jpg

Galifrey

Good point, as 1 is flywheel end have seen a garage make that mistake xD

Edited by Porsche911r101

ricky1.9

Sorry guys - daily car let me down this week so been fixing that and my computer aswell. hopefullt end of badluck.

I actually have a bad feeling about rotor arm being a 'Intermotor' part -blue and yellow box?

Would it say on the arm?

It came from EuroCarParts if I remember rightly.

The cap is deffinately Beru..

What manufacturer should I try to get?

I need to check the AFM Part number .......202 you say

I have checked and double checked the Lead orientation - however I will triple check just for you Old Sarty ;)

No. 1 being at flywheel end I beleiveto not be the norm. but I was aware of this - good ol haynes

pug309twin40s

blue and yellow box is definetely intermotor!!

not all intermotor stuff is cr*p, but the rotor arm is.. as i found out, and you cant get a refund on it..(

do you still have the old rotor arm??

i would definetely say refit the old rotor arm if you have it or find another one or borrow one to try if possible

nick

So are you still running the ignition amp with copper slip on?? If you are I would change that straight away knowing how temperamental those things are.

Also check down the plug holes to see if there is oil or water round the bottom of the plug, one of mine filled with water when my w/screen washer pipe came off.... instant missfire.

Nick

ricky1.9
So are you still running the ignition amp with copper slip on?? If you are I would change that straight away knowing how temperamental those things are.

Also check down the plug holes to see if there is oil or water round the bottom of the plug, one of mine filled with water when my w/screen washer pipe came off.... instant missfire.

Nick

Am still running copper slip on the ig amp - keep forgetting to rob some cooling compound from work.

I will set a reminder on my phone now to rob some on monday.

haven't got the windscreen wiper connected and plugs are dry.

Anyone got an answer about the Rotor arm adaptor plate shown in photo below from this thread

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...p;hl=bad++rotor

Just realised I posted wrong thread before - DOH!

Picture076.jpg

Oh, and i don't have an old rotor arm i think -will check though.

Am thinking of buying this from egay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rotor-Arm-PEUGEOT-40...id=p3286.c0.m14

any one any experience COMMERCIAL IGNITION parts?

Edited by ricky1.9

DrSarty

That white bit of plastic is not an adaptor plate.

It's essential, and new dizzy caps (e.g. ones Ducelier) come with them.

If you don't have one I highly suspect that this is not helping matters. :(

I have a horrible feeling this is a bit of a bodge install. (Sorry to say that).

ricky1.9
That white bit of plastic is not an adaptor plate.

It's essential, and new dizzy caps (e.g. ones Ducelier) come with them.

If you don't have one I highly suspect that this is not helping matters. :(

I have a horrible feeling this is a bit of a bodge install. (Sorry to say that).

HOW VERY DARE YOU!!!

only messing - but for your information i have the white (off-white) plate fitted. i am talking about the rotor arm spacer thingy in the pic.

A bodge - how very dare you!

Cameron

I think you might be on a bit of a wild goose chase with the rotor arm, like the fresh fuel. What you need is a known running engine (belonging to a helpful forum member) and swap the AFM, ECU and ignition amp over until it runs properly. Then you'll know where the fault is.

I think you're just wasting time at the moment, you need to just take a step back and do it properly. See if there's anyone with an Mi local to you, or at least some spares, and swap some parts over.

ricky1.9

Triple checked tonight leads are in correct position

AFM Bosch number = 0280 202 202

Rotor arm is Beru not Intermotor. and i do have the plate i have been talking about.

I played with the Screw on the AFM tonight (is this the mixture screw? - not that this seemed to change anythig directly) and unplugged and re-tested the HT side of thing - and after all that seemed to get it running a lot better.

It wasnt as responsive as i was expecting on idle but i thought i'd take it for a quick blast down the road to try it.

as a result i found that that it doesn't have instent throttle response like i and no power until it gets to 5K then it picks up and shows some signs of having some balls.

So no power unitl 5K and the misfiring seems to be non-exist now.

Think Your right Cam - need to do like for like swap form runner

Galifrey

Do Mi 16's have a vacuum advance?

philfingers

non they don't. The dizzy is really just a spark distributor; timing being controlled by the crank sensor. Not sure how it adjusts timing with load. From the air flow I suppose? There's no inlet manifold pressure sensor. Then again after a few whiskies I may be talking sh*te!

welshpug

combination of throttle position, AFM + RPM, plus ecu temperature. advance sorted by the ecu.

Galifrey
combination of throttle position, AFM + RPM, plus ecu temperature. advance sorted by the ecu.

Gotcha, i guess the rotor arm has a large enough span to cover the degrees of advance that are changed.

philfingers

throttle position is only a switch for idle and full throttle, it's not a throttle pot, which is what you'd probably expect. It all works ok tho

Sign in to follow this