• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
efy2bjg

2.2 Vtec In 106

efy2bjg

Has any one ever put a prelude engine into a 106? Would it fit?

richsmells

More than likely. The honda engines sit upright, much like the TU does. There are a couple of 205/honda projects on here if you look through the project sections.

welshpug

I have seen B16B in a 106 Rallye, and I believe someone on the SSC forum is doing a K20A into one, not sure how much different the accord 2.2 is, I would imagine Sandy Brown could give you some pointers with that engine as he has run it in his own 309 as well as helping another forum member with the same or similar lump.

or if you are on the 106 rallye register forum look out for Kiwi and his B16B 106.

Sandy

One has been put in the back, but not the front as far as I'm aware.

Galifrey
One has been put in the back, but not the front as far as I'm aware.

Pretty sure zcars would do a kit to put one in the back, they do for a saxo!

richsmells

A zcars mini ZR1 floored it past me yesterday on my way home from work. I couldn't believe how quick it was. Like a petrol remote control car!

I had a look at the zcars website and they produce a kit for a Honda/Saxo as mentioned above, so would probably fit fine in the rear of a 106 as the two are effectively the same. Not a budget conversion by any means though.

Edited by richsmells

welshpug

how different/bigger is it than the B16B?

I know Kiwi has done effectively a kit for the smaller capacity engine.

Sandy

Alot, it has entirely different mounts. Diff casing is huge too, which is a big issue for the 106 wishbone mounts.

welshpug

sounds like Kiwi has chosen the right one with the B16B then :(

Sandy

It's probably much easier.

ravydavy

How much smaller is the engine bay on a 106 compared to a 205?? I have a 205 with the k20a integra type r engine and box in. goes in quite easy. Loads of room for a turbo he he...

David

efy2bjg

Wow I checked out kiwi's car on the rallye forum, it looks amazing, very tidy indeed and with 180 odd bhp probably the one to go for due to it's compactness, although I'd guess a significantly more expensive engine than the Prelude.

efy2bjg
How much smaller is the engine bay on a 106 compared to a 205?? I have a 205 with the k20a integra type r engine and box in. goes in quite easy. Loads of room for a turbo he he...

David

What's involved in putting one of those in then (in brief of course) did you do it yourself?