• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jason7579

Water In Cubby Hole (near Ecu? / Right Knee)

jason7579

I have a water leak somewhere (Windscreen seal is my guess). The little cubby hole in the dashboard near your right knee as you sit in the drivers seat (I think the ECU is near there also) was full with water today - do you think my guess at windscreen seal is rght or is there another likely place?

Thanks

richsmells

I had a similar experience, but on the other side! The glovebox filled with water and the fuse/relay box was soaked! A dab of clear silicone around the gaps in the seal sorted it out, unless you want to try refitting the seal.

jason7579

Thanks, thought it may be that seal. I have seen a very slight amount of bubbling under the paint in the top drivers corner of the window seal so will need to get that sorted too.

If you get the window replaced through insurance (mine has a couple of stone chips) do they replace the rubber seal also?

I'm not too worried about replacing it myself as it doesn't seem a really hard job.