• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

Grrrrr. - Shades Of White

steve@cornwall

Is there a white shade between Arctic and Bianca? . I have a Gti wing to paint ('91) and bianca is too white yet arctic is too creamy. By comparison, my 1.1 look ("90) matches the arctic exactly. I'm getting a bit stressed now as the car is otherwise almost mint. I notice there is a specific white (can't remember the name off hand but it's in the pinned paint reference) Does anyone know if this is an intermediate shade? or am I going to find that like most Pug shades there are several shades with the same name? FRUSTRATING as all the white pugs I've done before have been easily matched.

(rant and question in one!)

Anthony

There's also Alpine white, but I've no idea what shade that is compared to the other two.

steve@cornwall
There's also Alpine white, but I've no idea what shade that is compared to the other two.

even creamier IIRC :D

Tom Fenton

I've never had much luck with pre mixed stuff matching, my local paint factor will mix it to the car, they are pretty bloody good at it too.

steve@cornwall
I've never had much luck with pre mixed stuff matching, my local paint factor will mix it to the car, they are pretty bloody good at it too.

I wish!! I'm beginning to think this will have to be pro - finished just me being me I wanted it quicker and cheaper :D