• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dk73

Phase 2 205 1.9 Gti Dash Change?

dk73

Hi guys,

I have a k plate phase 2 1.9 gti thats in need of a dash change.

Im changing because the standard one has phone holes in it and is a bit of a mess.

Ive been told its going to cost £120 to fix.

So now ive a mint standard dash to swop over.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this ie tools, time and certain nuts and bolts to unbolt?

Loads of feedback please.

djinuk

hey matey, its quite a fiddle i found to do these dash's, do a quick search on the boards for a dash change, there are two bolts you have to get to through the scuttle panel ( remove the black plastic section) from what i remmber , so make sure you get them as i managed to snap mine .. oops

rubyna

Not the easiest of jobs to take 1 off without damaging Carl, but the 1 your taking off isnt the 1 that needs to be perfect but the 1 you put on, so remember every screw and bolt as you take the old 1 off and you should be sweet :rolleyes:

pugpete1108

i second the checking of the bolts behind the scuttle, when i went from a ph1 to a ph2 dash i didnt know they where there and just ripped it out and snapped it all to bits.

just take your time and try and do it all in one hit otherwise you'll forget where everything goes.

one more thing, if the part you are trying to remove doesn't come out then there is still a screw holding it on somewhere,find it dont just pull it :(

Anteas

lots of philips screws the bolt in middle of dash the nuts behind scuttle panel the the screws under and below glove box and theres one inside the dsh cowl near the rev gauge acsses though a little hole

dk73
lots of philips screws the bolt in middle of dash the nuts behind scuttle panel the the screws under and below glove box and theres one inside the dsh cowl near the rev gauge acsses though a little hole

Thanks so far guys.

omega

have you thought of getting it repaired? there are people that do these repairs and you cant tell[and a lot less hassel]

Galifrey
have you thought of getting it repaired? there are people that do these repairs and you cant tell[and a lot less hassel]

Think he stated £120 cost to repair the holes in the first post

dk73

Yes,

£120 to get it repaired.