• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
phil19gti

Scorpion Alarm Problems

phil19gti

I picked my new lazer green gti up on Saturday and the normal problems have already started, with the main one annoying me - the alarm.

It's a Scorpion alarm/immobiliser that operates with the central locking. The problem is that it keeps going off for no reason. I've turned the sensitivity down to minimum (black box under the steering wheel with a white screw) without effect. The other problem is that after about 30 mins of the alarm being turned on, all the indicators start to flash but the alarm doesn't sound. The key fob then does not work to stop the flashing. Weirdly I can open the door using the key and pop the bonnet release and disconnect the battery. It then resets everything.

So can anyone help me with this odd problem?

Thanks in advance.

Miles

Rip it out, Most old Alarms always give problems

phil19gti
Rip it out, Most old Alarms always give problems

Can I cut the wires that go to the siren housing?

kyepan

i had similar problems with a clifford on the pulsar.. water had got into the siren unit and caused the pcb in there to corrode, it also knackered the battery back up in the siren unit. This is probably why you can shut it up by disconnecting the battery.

I doubt the microwave sensor is the issue as these only go off when the bubble collapses, if you've turned it right down, unless someone gets in the car it should not go off.

Do you have any bonnet / door / boot switches, as these generally corrode and trigger the alarm without warning. the other odd stuff sounds similar to when the brain of that particular clifford died..

Have a fiddle with any bonnet switches, test them on a multi meter and see if they are dodgy... if you don't get any joy like miles said it's probably worth ripping out

phil19gti

It's partly ripped out. I can't understand why it would go off when it wasn't even armed! It is nine years old so has probably lived it's life.

Getting another one fitted on Saturday. I've basically just cut the wires to teh siren and removed it. The car still needs the fob to start to deactivate the immobiliser. I'll let the people installing the new one solve the problem.

Thanks for the advice.

Miles

Before you get a new one installed just make sure they do not cut into the ignition wires like most do, I'm sure they have never been taught about resistance's and that a 2mm bit of wire cannot take the load of a 6mm wire,

phil19gti

Thanks for the tip. I only want an immobiliser, I'm of the opinion not many people take much notice of alarms.