• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Snapped Bonnet Hinge

djinuk

bothh my 205s have snapped the rear bolt on the bonnet bracket, i imagine the way around this is to still out the snapped stud and then tap it. thing is room is tight , probably just enough room to get a drill in and ive never done anything like this before, any pointers and also any idea on wheat size drill bit to use.

EdCherry

Take the bonnet off to do it?

marksorrento205

Dont snap an easy out in there if you use one :unsure:

djinuk

theres nothing around it , no bonnet no nothing lol..

I guess im going to need to drill, and retap just so damn tight for room

marksorrento205

Yeah pritty much. I used my 90 degree angle drill from work which got in there a treat. I would think a normal drill would be a pain in the arse. It may be worth drilling with an 1/8th" drill first and try an easy out on it. You may need a different sized drill depending on your easy out.

Gentrix

I dont think an easy-out would do the job - they are really bad rusted in place, otherwise they wouldnt have snapped of.

I just drilled the stud out and pressed a threaded rivet in place - works well.

andi

marksorrento205
I dont think an easy-out would do the job - they are really bad rusted in place, otherwise they wouldnt have snapped of.

I just drilled the stud out and pressed a threaded rivet in place - works well.

andi

Yeah a rivnut would do it a treat :rolleyes:

Djinuk, have you sorted some replacement bolts out yet? I have a bag of gen pug ones with new washers that I had to buy a bag of them as they wont sell four on their own. Pm me if you want four for cost plus postage :)

Crazy-legs!

Mine snapped the rear lower left-hand bolt the other week, which i thought was a bit odd. Obviously its just another 205 'Feature'!

I might be intrested in a few of those bolts If you want to get rid of some Mark?

Cheers, Marc.