• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jean_quemener

Yellow Headlamps

Jean_quemener

I know you can get yellow spot lamps but just wondering if any one knows where you can get eyllow headlamps thats if they have been made?

johnnyboy666

would that be road legal?

Jean_quemener

im not sure, but the french love there yellow headlights you see them all the time on old french cars when in france but im not sure if its yellow bulbs or not

cRaig

I saw a chap who had taken the headlights apart and painted the inside of the glass with yellow glass paint. Certainly tempted to do it to a spare set of lights at some point, looked really smart, but very unlikely to get through an MOT!

Jean_quemener

not such thing where im from :wacko: mite have to look inot this gass painting idea

SurGie

Yellow are road legal, any other colour apart from white are illegal.

jrj
I know you can get yellow spot lamps but just wondering if any one knows where you can get eyllow headlamps thats if they have been made?

I've been looking for these for years!! I got yellow spots and normal headlamps with yellow bulbs and I once saw a single yellow handlamp on ebay about 4 years ago which gave me the idea... they are very rare... i tried getting some from france but I think the focus direction will be wrong for british roads and my french isn't good enough to research it properly.

If you get anywhere with this please post it up here as it is the finishing touch I've been searching for... cheers

jimistdt

Can you get hold of Sunset Yellow dye and apply it with a sponge on the inside of the lens? I'm not sure on the legalities but if that's what you want to do?

Oberon

I love the yellow fogs, proper 80's, not sure about headlights though.

ian_p

i think they'd look sweet! i've seen them online. i'll try and find the link

Pugleyrich

Has anyone ever used a yellow tint film like the ones on this site:

http://www.lamin-x.co.uk/gallery/yellow.htm

I would really like to do my driving lights rather than spend money on getting a yellow set. Looks like this is good quality but I wondered if anyone on here had actually tried it?

Pugleyrich

just read that they are legal in the UK too - even better :lol:

BERTMAN

a mate of mine had yellow headlights on a VERY early H reg clio, that was road legal.

Baz

I've had a set, weren't really to my taste tbh.

What about using translucent yellow model paint? :lol:

ian_p

i've seen some guys on golf/vw sites use lamin-x and it looks good and protects the light well.

i've looked online for pics of 205's with yellow headlight but can't find any. I'm assuming they have amber indicators and if they have fogs they are yellow too?

anyone know of any pics?

ian_p

lanin-x delivered. Now just waiting for the rain to stop.

DSC00638.jpg

jrj

got yellow fogs and yellow headlamp bulbs... looks great at night but Im dying for some yellow lenses.. thinking about getting some from france and then putting the light stickers on 'em... no idea where to get em... would love to see an before/after shot of anyone using that lanen-x stuff... looks promising..

ian_p

i think it's stopped raining. Hopefully i'll get the headlights yellowed and indicators swapped before the next down pour.

Ian

ian_p

before:

DSC00639.jpg

doing the first fog light

DSC00641.jpg

I've now just fitted the headlights and fog lights back in. i forgot how dark it gets and how quickly!

They light up nicely and i'm popping out later so will try and get some pics up.

omega

well it looks diffrent, is the film stuck to the outside?

i wonder how it will effect the beam?

ian_p

yeah it's just stuck on the outside and i used a heat gun to wrap it round the edges. i've been out in it this eve and the beam is fine.

Pugleyrich

I really like that, just what I wanted for mine but I am unsure about doing both sets of lights. How much was it, and how much film did you buy?

ian_p
I really like that, just what I wanted for mine but I am unsure about doing both sets of lights. How much was it, and how much film did you buy?

Thanks, i'm pleased with the result. The sheet (12" x 16") was about £18 inc P&P and was just the right size for the headlights and fogs.

I'm just about to upload some slightly better pics in the projects section if anyone is interested.

Ian

jrj
Thanks, i'm pleased with the result. The sheet (12" x 16") was about £18 inc P&P and was just the right size for the headlights and fogs.

I'm just about to upload some slightly better pics in the projects section if anyone is interested.

Ian

cheers mate... they look wicked... getting me some of that stuff!!!