• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

Bmc Cda Air Filters, Opinions?

tidypug

I've been considering getting a bmc cda air filter to enable me to get cold air into the engine helping me to keep inlet air down. Does any one have any experience with these?

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/infoCDA.asp

They are quite pricey new so would try to get a second hand one from Ebay. I'm not too sure how big an ID I would need to feed my engine without it being a restriction, I was thinking about an air filter that came from an Impreza, Audi or something similar.

welshpug

I think they do 3 sizes typically apart from the special application kits, one for up to 1600, one for over 1600, and one for big power applications.

most likely want the middle one which is the CDA85-150, that one is 85mm inlet/outlet, 150mm Diameter and 200mm long.

Edited by welshpug

tidypug

that should be ok, I just didn't want the inlet/ outlet to be restrictive as mine is running a supercharger

Pob
that should be ok, I just didn't want the inlet/ outlet to be restrictive as mine is running a supercharger

Whilst looking around for parts I came across this... The only difference is its 75mm inlet & outlet and 20mm smaller in diameter. Not sure if it's any good....

http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/remote-carbon-f...rbfil-861-p.asp

Dan

Edited by Pob

Pob
That looks quite good. Do you know what the air filter is rated to? :wub:

Haven't a clue. Best bet is to email them, they might know.

Dan